Director of Information Technology - Distribution Applications
- Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading
building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and
Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create,
develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more
throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If
you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to email@example.com
SUMMARY: Working closely with the Senior VP of Supply Center Operations, the Director of IT- Distribution Applications is responsible for leading and motivating software developers in on-time delivery of distribution applications and integration projects. This position will maintain information technology strategies by managing staff and researching and implementing strategic technology solutions.
- Meets or exceeds the IT-related business requirements of our internal customer and creatively determines ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing new information processing systems and applications.
- Effectively establish, plan, and administer the overall policies and goals for the information technology department.
- Fosters a continuous improvement culture to advance all areas of the business and IT.
- Maintains organizational effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for development and delivery of information technology services and functionality.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Senior VP, Supply Center Operations
- VP, Information Technology
- IT staff
- Internal customers
- Degree in IT or related field with 8+ years’ experience, preferably in a distribution environment with a minimum 3 years of management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and motivate other personnel while influencing change at all levels within the organization.
- Must be Analytical and able to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities, use time efficiently.
- Develop and implement realistic action plans.