Supplier Quality Engineer
- Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: Seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer with BS in Engineering and 3-5 years quality/process engineering experience minimum. ISO/QS/TS quality system experience required; Lean, Six Sigma or automotive experience preferred.
- Lead continuous improvement activities to improve Supplier Quality.
- Lead root cause and corrective action activities to resolve field and in-plant quality issues associated with supplier quality.
- Responsible for supplier quality compliance, product quality improvement and manufacturing process capability.
- Assist with development of Supplier Quality System (Manual, Supplier Audit Process, Supplier Scorecards, SCAR process, etc.)
- Partner with Purchasing organization to roll out supplier quality program and manage improvement.
- Monitor supplier quality performance to metrics/goals for organization and provide performance feedback.
- Define supplier quality improvement strategies and drive implementation.
- Lead root cause investigations and corrective actions to resolve supplier quality related issues.
- Lead vendor qualification and part approval (PPAP) activities.
- Promote analytical problem solving through sound statistical application.
- Incorporate the use of Lean/Six Sigma tools and methods in supplier activities and problem solving.
- Drive supplier process capability through deployment of quality control (CpK, SPC, etc.)
- Champion corporate initiatives in supplier quality and operational excellence (LeanSigma).
- Ensure compliance with all government and industry standards/codes for product and process quality.
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical, Polymer or Materials Science Engineering. BS in Applied Sciences may be considered depending on experience.
- MS in Mechanical, Chemical, Polymer or Materials Science Engineering.
- 3-5 years of quality/process engineering with a minimum of 2 years industrial experience in which candidate had responsibility for the development and implementation of product and/or process quality.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of supplier quality experience.
- Expertise in ISO/QS/TS type quality systems and AIAG quality tools (APQP, PPAP, etc) is required.
- Proficiency with Excel, Minitab, Access and PowerPoint is expected.