Controller - Window Division
- Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: Responsible for directing the finance and accounting functions of our Windows Manufacturing Division. Reporting to the Manufacturing Operations Controller, this position is responsible for the financial management of 6 window manufacturing plants located in the US and Canada. This position is based out of our corporate offices in Cuyahoga Falls, OH.
- Participating in the development of policies and practices as part of the plants management team.
- Prepares financial reports and presents findings and recommendations to MFG Ops Controller & VP of Operations.
- Measure operational and financial performance of various process redesign initiatives for plant and senior management.
- Supervises two direct reports – two cost accountants.
- Establish and maintain the plant’s accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives.
- Analyses and prepares all plant capital investment requests.
- Month end close activities including financial statements, variance analysis, and account reconciliations.
- Coordination and preparation of annual budget and fall forecast.
- Maintain the plant’s internal controls program.
- Responsible for review and approval standard costs and creation of new product as needed.
- Ability to develop partnerships with members of the plant operations team to provide guidance and support.
- Manufacturing Operations Controller & VP of Window Operations
- Plant Managers
- Corporate Controller
- Sr. VP of Operations
- Chief Financial Officer
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting. A CPA or other professional accounting designation would be an asset.
- At least two years of practical experience working in a multi-site environment.
- Minimum five years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of financial systems (G/L, A/P, F/A) preferably Oracle.
- Demonstrated industry understanding, including Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate complex financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities, able to design and implement practical solutions to problems on a proactive basis.
- Autonomous and self-motivated, able to work without direct on-site supervision while exercising sound professional judgment.
- A collaborative interpersonal style, comfortable working with superiors and subordinates in both team and one-on-one environments.
- Experience supervising the work of others, including setting priorities, and performance management.
- Experience managing month end close process and financial statement preparation, preparation of financial forecasts/budgets.
- Excellent MS-Excel skills; knowledge of database query tools such as MS-Access would be an asset.