Employee Relations Specialist / HR Generalist
- Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
Position reports to the Human Resources Manager. As an essential member of the Human Resources team, the Employee Relations Specialist / HR Generalist will provide direct day to day support to managers and employees. This position will oversee personnel transactions and will collaborate on company-wide projects and initiatives.
- Identify and solve workforce issues including conducting investigations, coaching and counseling managers through the Performance Improvement Plan process and ensuring consistency with company policies and practices.
- Develops, recommends and assists with the implementation of new HR initiatives, procedures and documentation.
- Positive interaction with all levels of the organization, as well as, travel up to 5% within the domestic US.
- Provide daily customer support to employees and managers on HR related matters and ensures timely and courteous responses.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Processes new hires, status changes and terminations in the HRIS system as well as managing related paperwork and files.
- On an as-needed basis, participate in on-site employment-related administration.
- Four year degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, along with 2 years of demonstrated experience in employee relations and human resources.
- Requires familiarity with federal and state regulations including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPPA, ADA and EEO.
- Requires a thorough understanding of Excel, Word, and experience with an HRIS system