Digital Content Producer and Writer
- Bethesda, MD
The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) serves as the preeminent professional network for more than 16,000 treasury and finance professionals. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, AFP provides members with breaking news, economic research and data on the evolving world of treasury and finance, as well as world-class treasury certification programs, networking events, financial analytical tools, training, and public policy representation to legislators and regulators. AFP is the daily resource for treasury and finance professionals.
The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) is looking for a Content Producer who will be responsible for the production, delivery, front-end user experience, monitoring and tracking of AFP’s multimedia content, including but not limited to, websites, newsletters, videos, electronic magazines, social media and PR, across global media outlets. This person will work collaboratively with employees across the organization, including Sales, Marketing, Communications and Research.
- Responsible for the production and delivery of AFP’s web content. Prioritize content within information structures, recognizing key points in order to showcase content highlights in web content blocks or other callout vehicles.
- Develop original short content and shape content created by others to be appropriate for specific vehicles and key audiences or customer segments.
- Draw connections between editorial, marketing and other related information to create an engaging content experience that makes sense for the reader.
- Review websites for accuracy, timeliness, logic of content placement and act swiftly to make adjustments that build awareness and increase content consumption.
- Utilizing AFP’s CMS, coordinate and organize content from multiple departments to be posted on AFP’s website. Work cross-functionally to create workflows that serve internal constituents and external users.
- Serve as an internal consulting resource regarding electronic communications, working with content owners and educate regarding process steps. Approve updates within defined workflows, ensuring they meet AFP standards, are correct and in line with best web practices.
- Monitor workflow within CMS. Communicate with colleagues and provide support needed to keep content flowing while meeting deadlines.
- Responsible for producing AFP’s weekly member newsletter, several other monthly newsletters and various content feeds.
- Participate in social media activities as needed.
- Lead the development and delivery of content through videos, online slideshows, electronic magazines, and a wide range of other presentation media.
- Coordinate and track delivery of PR materials through various channels.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to deliver content to key segments.
- Monitor content consumption data and adjust designs in response to data patterns and consult with relevant stakeholders when changes should be considered.
- Work with IT and Marketing to conduct tests geared toward increasing content consumption, and then analyze the results to recommend a plan of action.
- Deliver short progress updates at weekly editorial meetings. Responsible for monthly reporting.
- Work with designers to develop layouts and formats that increase content consumption.
- Inform colleagues about content that can be leveraged across a variety of media channels, collaborating with subject experts, designers and other colleagues.
- Stay abreast of content delivery trends and maintain proficiency in multimedia techniques that can increase awareness and content consumption.
- Identify methods of optimizing user experience.
- Combination of Bachelor’s degree and related experience
- Prior experience producing or showcasing online content for a news organization or online publication
- Proficient with content management systems and able to adapt to new technologies and collaborative workflows
- Familiarity with best practices for web publishing and SEO and able to embed media (YouTube, Instagram, maps, etc.)
- Ability to distill key content and select appropriate story-telling mechanisms such as text, bullets, headlines, audio clips, summaries, imagery, slides or other engaging elements
- Ability to edit basic HTML newsletters and familiarity with PDF publishing
- Strong knowledge of digital media; experience utilizing and leveraging social media in a professional setting (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Demonstrated ability to manage websites in a real-time production environment, handling multiple projects
- Understanding of web layout and design techniques and able to stay abreast of current trends.
- Proficiency creating basic charts, graphs and other data visualizations
- Previous experience with video (Final Cut Pro, iMovie) and photo production (Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite) preferred
- Ability to analyze data stemming from multiple sources, utilizing web analytics and reporting tools such as Google Analytics.
- Ability to work independently while calmly prioritizing conflicting demands and meeting deadlines
- Strong project management skills and the ability to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Excellent communication skills, aware of the importance of updating interested parties efficiently and effectively
- Strong business writing, communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter, able to manage a changing workload
- Organized with a superb attention to detail
- Skilled at building relationships with internal team members
- Collegial, casual work environment
- Competitive base salary + incentive compensation
- Opportunity for upward mobility within the organization
- Full benefits, including a generous vacation/sick/holiday leave policy, medical, dental and vision health insurance, 401K plan with employer match and flexible schedules
AFP Core Values
The following AFP Core Values are a part of every job.
- Employees take ownership for the success of AFP and provide value to members.
- We expect results based on measurable and clearly stated goals that support AFP’s mission.
- We value critical thinking and deliberative discussion conducted in a respectful manner.
- Employees work together across functions to achieve AFP goals and objectives.
- Employees take personal responsibility for their own growth and behavior to further the goals and success of AFP.
- We provide coaching and regular, fair and honest feedback in order to foster successful, growth-oriented people.