Office Support Specialist
- Springfield, OH
ASSURANT SPECIALTY PROPERTY
To review a You Tube video about Assurant Specialty Property Hazard Service Center Operations, please click on this URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfRzEfCtCvg.
Assurant Specialty Property businesses are leading providers of creditor-placed homeowners insurance, direct-marketed products, collateral protection programs and related outsourcing services. They develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty property and personal lines of insurance through collaborative relationships with leading home mortgage companies, financial institutions, manufactured home builders and dealers, auto finance companies, property management companies and managing general agents. Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and their customers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. http://www.assurantspecialtyproperty.com/
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, the premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and part of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has over $23 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. http://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for a job and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers).
OFFICE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The internal job title is Escrow Analysis Specialist, and this team is responsible for conducting research and escrow analysis using various sources such as county tax websites. The Specialists then use this information to determine if payments made are correct, looking for overages and shortages. This team does not talk with customers but may talk to tax offices and agents when gathering information.
· Auditing and reviewing escrow accounts
· Making adjustments to tax amounts as needed
· Opening tasks to the appropriate departments and placing analysis stops on loans when necessary
· Reviewing all illogical tax and hazard conditions to ensure that loans will pass in the analysis cycle
· Determining if correct amounts were credited to escrow accounts from closing and if branch tax schedules were followed
· Meeting strict client and departmental deadlines.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· At least one year’s experience in either mortgage banking or insurance or taxes
· Analytical thinker who shows attention to detail
· Adapts easily to change
· Good math skills and/or strong experience with numbers.
· At least one year of research related experience
· Property tax knowledge.
WORK SCHEDULE and PAY
· Monday - Friday, 3:30pm - 12midnight with a 1/2 hour for lunch
· Anticipated start date is July 7th
· $12.10/hr - $13.20/hr, DOE
· Non-exempt; OT paid at time-and-a-half.
We offer comprehensive benefits to full-time and part-time employees including medical, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance, 401k with profit sharing, generous paid time off and much more.