Production Planning Manager - Metal Components Manufacturing
- Cypress, TX
At Assure Talent, we are passionate about matching talent and opportunity. Our satisfaction comes from helping organizations and candidates find each other. When the correct match is made, the result is mutual benefit, growth, and success. We like being a part of that.
Our client has a great opportunity available for the right candidate...
Major Position Responsibilities: This senior member of the site’s leadership team is responsible for supply chain strategy and customer satisfaction through process driven excellence in materials management, sourcing and production control. Key performance indicators are on-time delivery, cost deflation and working capital.
- Lead, develop and coach the Materials team consisting of buyers, schedulers, production control and warehouse & logistics staffing for Houston operations.
- Strategic development of the supply chain including logistics, raw materials, outside processing and indirect materials. This includes negotiations & contract development, qualifications and establishing performance standards for new and existing suppliers.
- Lead inventory management for the site to include physical storage both on and offsite, cycle counting & physical inventory, proper inventory service levels and minimization of excess & obsolescence.
- Support New Product & Market introductions through joint partnerships with customer and supplier collaborations
- Develop and utilize metrics to drive continuous improvements of on time delivery, inventory management, indirect spend and vendor service levels.
- Support Sales and Operating Planning (S&OP) with backlog, inventory and forecast data and analysis.
- Partner with corporate materials management team to leverage and share best practices across the organization.
- Own Master Schedule based on sales plans for short and long term planning. to support contract requirements; create/maintain databases/files
- Improve processes and lead system enhancements to fully utilize Oracle capabilities for Order Management, Inventory, Sourcing and MRP.
- BS in Business, Engineering, or equivalent experience, an M.B.A. is desirable.
- Experience with heavy industry / manufacturing environments is required.
- Demonstrated experience in Vendor negotiations and program development.
- +5 years experience with cross functional disciplines (Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, project management, and Finance)
- Change Agent with the ability to lead through vision & implementation; develops solutions thorough understanding of business processes, issues and concerns.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Oracle and IT experience preferred