The IMDC Commercial Manager is primarily responsible for the effective management of IMDC resources to meet or exceed its financial performance objectives while fully satisfying all obligations to its clients.
Duties include the gathering of market intelligence, marketing of the company's IMDC capabilities, client relationship development & management, bid preparation, revenue forecasting, P&L reporting, CAPEX development, budgeting, dispute resolution, contract review and negotiation, HR management, & resource optimization.
- Manages all operations and certifies that service delivery is being executed efficiently;
- Adequately resources operations to safely execute budgeted project needs;
- Strengthens communication between Regions to exchange best in class practices and ensure operational excellence;
- Ensures all legal aspects of IMDC operations comply with local regulations and the organization’s standards of business integrity;
- Liaises with Clients on Company execution of projects and performance feedback.
- Ensures costs and revenues on IMDC contracts are tracked on a daily basis.
Marketing / Business Development
- Promotes Company IMDC services, advises Regional and Country Managers on market strategy and intelligence;
- Provides guidance on “win” strategy and, as needed, assists with preparation of bid documentation;
- Participates in bid negotiation and closing;
- Prepares forecasting plans and budgets in conjunction with the Regional Manager and commercial team.
- Manages company’s global IMDC assets and resources to optimization profitability and return on investment;
- Approves supplier invoices within the assigned authorization levels;
- Recommends CAPEX and completes of Approval For Expenditure (AFE) as required;
- Implements and monitors effective cost control measures;
- Reviews and approves Purchase Orders within authorization limits;
- Reports financial performance and forecasting within defined timelines;
- Monitors timely issuance of invoices and optimizes collections cycle;
- Actively participates on the valuation of potential investments, as required.
- Identifies staff recruitment, career development, and training needs;
- Assists Regional Manager with personnel reviews;
- Strengthens IMDC team by hiring new talent
- Recommends the termination of employment for underperformers;
- Identify HSE and technical training needs within the IMDC group, and arranging induction and training courses, and training plans as required;
Additional Duties and HSE Responsibilities
- Be familiar with company policies and procedures and comply with them at their place of work;
- Comply with all reasonable instructions from company relating to Health and Safety;
- Report all Health, Safety and Environment incidents, including any near misses, unsafe acts and hazards to management;
- Be familiar with emergency plans, alarms and actions required in the event of an emergency;
- Actively participate and set a leading example in the company’s Integrated Management System and Procedures;
- Assist the IMDC Project Managers to ensure corrective or preventative action is taken on reported accidents, incidents, and other non-compliances.
- Maintains close communication with group Chief Surveyor to ensure all work instructions and procedures are up to date in regards to latest technology and processes, and are being used by the field staff.
Principal Working Relationships
- Liaises with the company IMDC group members globally;
- Communicates regularly with Chief Development Officer on growth initiatives
- Communicates regularly with Regional Managers & the Director of Global Sales and Marketing.