The 3rd Party Top Drive Service Manager is ultimately responsible for developing and growing the company's 3rd party top drive service and repair business. This involves developing the strategy and processes for the new department with global profit and loss oversight. Tactically, it involves managing the sales funnel through the Business Units, the sales and operations plan and developing and implementing global standards.
This position will work through the Business Units, provide an interface between Business Units, customers, suppliers and industry members that will facilitate further adoption and build the company's market share.
This position will work closely with the corporate team to develop standard operating procedures, training content, supply routes for spare parts, engineering documentation and guidelines for the Business Units.
This position will establish the company's presence in the 3rd Party top drive service & repair arena, paving the road to rig maintenance.
- Responsible for 3rd Party top drive service & repair global business plan including P&L
- Responsible for 3rd Party top drive strategy including pricing strategy
- Lead development of recertification and engineering standards and documentation through the engineering team
- Establish reliable, high quality, low cost supplier base to support parts and service parts needs through the Supply Chain group
- Lead development of 3rd Party standard operating procedures for training content and structure competency maps to include 3rd party service through the Global Support Group
- Take leadership role in identify target 3rd Party top drive markets
- Take leadership role whenever possible during sales and business development client calls
- Work closely with QHSE and Customer Safety Representatives to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- Champion innovation and the introduction of new concepts for rig maintenance, rig automation and monitoring, technologies and methods to drive Tesco to be a world class and industry leader in reducing non-productive time.
- Work closely with sales and operations personnel to forecast demand, establish pricing and commercial agreements
- Develop and implement business processes to manage global 3rd party service & repair business
- Ensure these processes cover personnel, service equipment and facilities, training, individual competence, future learning, maintenance, repair, and customer feedback.
- Achieve excellence in the company's Service Quality standards
- Work closely with Manager of Automation and EHM, Global Preventative Maintenance Manager, Global Part Sales Manager and Engineering Manager for alignment of processes, procedures and strategies
- Maintain global unit files for top drives
- Assist with development of Aftermarket component lifecycle strategies
- Represents a knowledgeable, efficient, and professional image of company to customer by handling business in a respectful and professional demeanor – exhibits core values both internally and externally
- Requires a deep understanding of the customer’s business, systems and processes that touch products and capabilities
- Ensure BU’s are proficient in using services by identifying user needs and providing training and consultative services
- Identification of product development opportunities, & presentation to Marketing for investigation