Account Manager - Oil and Gas Equipment Design Firm
- Houston, TX
At Assure Talent, we are passionate about matching talent and opportunity. Our satisfaction comes from helping organizations and candidates find each other. When the correct match is made, the result is mutual benefit, growth, and success. We like being a part of that.
We have a great opportunity available for the right candidate...
Our client is a small, but extremely solvent, design shop that supports all of the major Oil and Gas companies. This is not a stuffy, corporate environment. This is a fast paced, genuine, dynamic, "every day is different" team that works hard and plays hard.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Develop existing business relationships
- Acquire and grow new accounts
- Conduct ongoing research to identify RFPs
- Develop and maintain a database of targeted prospects
- Keep abreast of key trends in the energy industry by reading trade journals, Internet research, and attending relevant tradeshows and conferences
- Establish, strengthen, and maintain relationships with appropriate executives, managers, and employees of clients and target clients
- Write and send letters, emails, and proposals to clients and potential clients
- Maintain records of client correspondence and tracking system for ensuring follow up tasks are completed
Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
Experience & Skills:
- Ideal candidate would possess a minimum of 8 years sales experience
- Experience with oil and gas is a must
- Ability to identify, qualify, and contact high-level decision makers and cultivate client relationships
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated track record to negotiate and close a complex sale
- Expertise in proposal writing
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, Strategic thinker and business planner
- Works well under deadline pressure, multi-tasker, customer-service orientation, problem solver, high energy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (bids, targeted presentations and reports)