- Sydney, Australia
Atlassian is looking for experienced and talented developers to join our Engineering Services development team in Sydney. Atlassian Cloud — our SaaS offering of Atlassian's core products, such as JIRA and Confluence — has 1.3 million registered users and is growing fast, providing many interesting challenges at scale.
You will play a key role in shaping Atlassian Cloud. Using your programming expertise and deep understanding of modern web architectures and distributed systems, you will help future-proof our established products by designing, implementing, integrating, tuning and issue resolution new micro-services, software libraries, tools and applications.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Deep understanding of how to build performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code
- Extraordinary creative and innovative problem-solving skills, with a willingness to take responsibility for the software you write all the way to production
- Working knowledge with datastores (e.g., RDBMS, time-series-database, NoSql, search, analytics)
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems and methodologies like agile, unit testing, pair programming, and continuous integration
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Good understanding of typical web application, SOA and micro-services patterns.
- Hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools and frameworks (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building)
- Experience facing the challenges of building software as a service, including deploying and maintaining software at scale
- Ability and willingness to learn new programming languages, frameworks and paradigms
More about our team
The Atlassian Application Platform Team is responsible for the design, build and maintenance of the platform services and infrastructure that powers Atlassian Cloud. We build always-on, low-latency, high-concurrency micro-services and systems that scale for millions of users. This is a role with broad technical responsibilities across all our products with greenfield projects and technologies, not a product maintenance type of role.
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous 'Charlie's bar'), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.