Engineering Program Manager
- Boulder, CO
Seamless Toy Company was founded in 2012 to help kids and adults make things that do amazing things. Its first product is ATOMS Express, creative building blocks that enable kids big and small to build fun, exciting, iOS-controlled toys quickly and easily. ATOMS provides the tools for kids who want to creatively express themselves through the building of things. Through play, ATOMS will help develop the world’s next generation of problem solvers.
Seamless Toy Company is looking for an experienced and savvy Engineering Program Manager to oversee projects within the Product Development department of our ATOMS-Express product. The right candidate would join (and help build) an expert, high-energy, high-velocity, dedicated, innovative, and fun-loving team that is making one of the world’s best toys.
The EPM will develop, define, and execute project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables. In addition, the EPM will identify needed resources for projects as well as define and assign major project roles. The EPM will monitor the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, providing technical support and direction.
- Lead ATOMS product development programs from concept to market launch, by coordinating our internal cross-functional teams, and external partners.
- Lead the development teams toward shared goals, well-understood project schedules, and resource allowances.
- Create detailed project plans, which are both aggressive and robust.
- Define project objectives, staff needs, budgets, investment trade-offs and schedules.
- Manage functional test and assembly plans and execution.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers to create a reliability test plan and manage the execution of that plan.
- Manage the RF testing and certification process.
- Manage safety testing and certification process.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure parts are available and ready on time at prototype builds, including mediating between the firmware team and chip vendors.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- An innovator who as a great energy, imagination, and work ethic.
- An individual who is able to quickly build trusting relationships and exert influence in a matrix-managed environment.
- A self-starter who thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- A problem solver able to make the complex simple and multitask in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- A savvy businessperson able to manage and direct many teams, suppliers, and individuals.
- An exceptionally effective communicator - oral, written, presentation - across all levels of the organization.
- Technical background (e.g. hardware development) with knowledge of embedded systems and/or sensor technologies.
- Proven ability in leading successful cross-functional teams including Electrical, Mechanical, Process and Software Engineering in delivering state-of-the-art products.
- B.S. degree in an engineering discipline required, M.S. in an engineering discipline or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years focusing on Engineering Program Management with an emphasis on high-volume, consumer electronics hardware.
- Strong experience with Taiwan/China OEMs and third party suppliers.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications associated with this position.
Connect with us:
Critical acclaim for Seamless Toy Company and ATOMS:
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.