- Boulder, CO
Seamless Toy Company was founded in 2012 to help kids and adults make things that do amazing things. Its first product is ATOMS Express, creative building blocks that enable kids big and small to build fun, exciting, iOS-controlled toys quickly and easily. ATOMS provides the tools for kids who want to creatively express themselves through the building of things. Through play, ATOMS will help develop the world’s next generation of problem solvers.
Seamless Toy Company is looking for an experienced and savvy Firmware Engineer to lead software-firmware system integration for our ATOMS-Express product. The right candidate would join (and help build) an expert, high-energy, high-velocity, dedicated, innovative, and fun-loving team that is making one of the world’s best toys.
The firmware engineer will be responsible for developing and integrating MCU-level code, software drivers and tools, working with App-level software engineers, prototyping new products, and delivering production-level code. This is a key position on the product development team.
• Be the directly-responsible-individual (DRI) for firmware and software integration on all ATOM
• Work with app-level software developers to create public/private APIs.
• Develop real-time control algorithms for mechatronic ATOMS.
• Develop wired, wireless, and infrared communication protocols between ATOMS.
• Interface with MCU vendors and manufacturing partners to support test, calibration, and production
WHAT WE'RE LOOKNG FOR:
• An innovator who as a great energy, imagination, and work ethic.
• A self-starter who thrives in an open-ended, fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
• A problem solver who is able to make the complex simple and multitask in a fast-paced,
• An exceptionally effective communicator across all formats - oral, written, presentation.
• A passion for creating and building things.
• Bachelor's degree in EE, Computer Science, Computer Engineering required, Masters preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years in a Firmware Engineering role with an emphasis on high-volume,
consumer electronics hardware, aerospace, medical devices, and/or robotics.
• Strong fundamentals with BOTH C and C++ programming in 8, 16 and 32-bit embedded environments.
• Experience and comfort with lab tools such as debuggers, logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
• Experience with ATMEL and ARM microprocessors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications associated with this position.
Connect with us:
Critical acclaim for Seamless Toy Company and ATOMS:
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.