Staff Accountant (Consultant)
- Newton, MA
Attivio, Inc., is a privately held Newton, Massachusetts-based enterprise software company that produces and sells a unified information access platform that lets users find all types of information with a single query and analyze data extracted from text along with traditional data.
Attivio's core product is the Active Intelligence Engine® (AIE®). The company states that AIE is a software platform that unites core capabilities offered separately by enterprise search, business intelligence, data warehousing, process automation and business analytics to deliver complete information to people, automate business processes and enrich user experience.
At Attivio, The staff accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in monthly board reporting
- Track Monthly KPI’s and metrics
- Assist Financial Analyst with adhoc FP&A reports
- Post weekly and monthly income and expense entries
- End of month close and GL maintenance & reconciliation
- Assist in the Semi-monthly payroll process
- Assist in the preparation of sales and use tax filings ensuring the governing tax laws of each jurisdiction are adhered to. This includes conducting research to update the records to accurately reflect changes to sales and use tax laws and rates for the jurisdictions in which returns are filed
- File Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Sales taxes
- Process weekly AP entries and generate checks
- Process weekly AR entries and generate invoices
- Reconcile domestic and international intercompany accounts
- Reconcile bank statements monthly
- Prepare for and participate in annual audit
- Participate in Invoicing and collections as necessary
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Participate in and assist with ad hoc accounting and finance projects and system improvements/enhancements
- Other duties as may be required.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
- At least two years’ experience in Accounting
- Working knowledge of the following systems:
- ADP Workforce
- Concur Expense Reporting System
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter
- An outgoing personality with enthusiasm to learn new things and take new challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.