Sr. Consulting Engineer - Professional Services
- Boston, MA
Attivio is a difference-maker for Global 2000 companies tackling mission-critical data challenges and opportunities. Our company is young, but not a startup – we recently completed a major institutional investment round, and our enterprise-tested software is in production at some of the most innovative companies in the world. But we are only just beginning our growth trajectory.
Attivio's core product is the Active Intelligence EngineTM(AIE). The company states that AIETMis a software platform that unites core capabilities offered separately by enterprise search, business intelligence, data warehousing, process automation and business analytics to deliver complete information to people, automate business processes and enrich user experience.
AIE integrates structured data and unstructured content in a single index so it can be searched, manipulated and analyzed comprehensively. Both search queries and SQL can be used to retrieve data, allowing a full range of query types, from "fuzzy" queries that focus on relevance to highly precise queries. AIE can be used to build business-related applications that depend on access to information from diverse repositories; common applications include customer experience management, enterprise performance management, IT incident management, SharePoint integration, social brand management and risk management.
Attivio is seeking a highly energetic and self-motivated Professional Services Engineer to work on various challenging projects in our fast-paced organization. Candidates for consideration should enjoy working in a dynamic team environment, have a desire to work on cutting-edge technologies, have related technical education, and have an enthusiasm to learn.
- Dynamic learning environment with exposure to cutting edge technologies, complex customer challenges, and various technology oriented projects.
- Working on cutting-edge information retrieval and analysis software.
- Working onsite at customer location up to 50% of the time
- Assist in resolving complex technical issues.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- MUST have excellent knowledge of Java
- Experience of 10+ (for Principal) or 5+ years (for Senior) building complex, distributed enterprise-scale systems, most recently with Java.
- Familiarity with enterprise search products, including open source products like Lucene/SOLR, desired but not essential.
- Experience with integrating or architecting systems of systems deployments for enterprise customers, such as ERP, Data Warehousing/BI or Information Retrieval.
- Ideal candidates will have experience with any of the following:
- Spring framework
- Web services
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Extract/Transform/Load (ETL)
- Linguistics, semantic analysis, categorization and/or text mining, query optimization, performance profiling & optimization
- Business intelligence systems, relational databases (especially query optimization, indexing schemes, etc).
- A BS/CS or equivalent, experience with agile development, and a desire to work in a startup venture are all highly desired.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.