Junior Release Engineer
- Newton, MA
Attivio is a difference-maker for Global 2000 companies tackling mission-critical data challenges and opportunities. Our company is young, but not a startup – we recently completed a major institutional investment round, and our enterprise-tested software is in production at some of the most innovative companies in the world. But we are only just beginning our growth trajectory.
Attivio's core product is the Active Intelligence EngineTM(AIE). The company states that AIETMis a software platform that unites core capabilities offered separately by enterprise search, business intelligence, data warehousing, process automation and business analytics to deliver complete information to people, automate business processes and enrich user experience.
AIE integrates structured data and unstructured content in a single index so it can be searched, manipulated and analyzed comprehensively. Both search queries and SQL can be used to retrieve data, allowing a full range of query types, from "fuzzy" queries that focus on relevance to highly precise queries. AIE can be used to build business-related applications that depend on access to information from diverse repositories; common applications include customer experience management, enterprise performance management, IT incident management, SharePoint integration, social brand management and risk management.
We are seeking a talented, motivated engineer who wants to build great systems supporting high performance teams working on a great product solving challenging problems. Release engineering collaborates with Development, QA and program management delighting all with systems that provide the right data to the right people at the right time. Builds, issue tracking, release process and system maintenance make up our core tasks. We automate and link systems creating lower cost of ownership and driving quality with deeper insight. Part administration, investigation and innovation we use build tools like maven and scripting languages to automate the simple, transform the complex into the elegantly simple and focus on improvements.
- Enhance and maintain the build environment
- Manage release and daily build processes with timely execution, repeatability and provenance
- Partner with the team enhancing overall product insight and quality
- Excellent communication, documentation and collaboration skills
- 2+ years’ experience as a Release Engineer, QA Engineer or Software Engineer.
- Passionate about learning new tools and technologies
- Knowledge of source control systems such as Svn or Git
- Experience with scripting and or programming such as Groovy, Perl, Python, Unix Shell, Java or C++
- Experience with build automation on Windows and Linux
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Experience with Java Build tools (Ant, Maven or Gradle)
- Experiences with Configuration management tool such as Puppet, cfEngine or Chef a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.