Sr. QA Engineer
- Newton, MA
Attivio, Inc., is a privately held Newton, Mass -based enterprise software company that produces and sells a unified information access (UIA) platform that lets users find all types of information with a single query and analyze data extracted from text along with traditional data.
Attivio, Inc. is a difference-maker for Global 2000 companies tackling mission-critical data challenges and opportunities. Our company is young, but not a startup – we recently completed a major institutional investment round, and our enterprise-tested software is in production at some of the most innovative companies in the world. But we are only just beginning our growth trajectory.
We are seeking a Principal/Senior QA Engineer to join our team. Applicants should have 5+ years testing and/or developing enterprise software systems, with recent hands-on experience working on Java-based products. Ideal candidates will be Java programmers with knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), e-Commerce and/or search technology. Experience with agile development, and a desire to work in a small company are all highly desired.
- Review requirements and specifications early in the project cycle.
- Prepare test plans to test against the above requirements and specifications.
- Work very closely with development engineers in the context of an agile sprint to perform the following tasks as appropriate:
- Perform exploratory testing of new and significantly changed functionality.
- Develop unit tests and review developers’ unit tests.
- Develop system tests and review developers’ system tests
- Review Javadoc and other relevant documentation.
- Report bugs and verify bug fixes.
- The QA engineer will also perform exploratory testing of prototype and legacy functionality. This activity is intended to generate bug reports and ideas for follow-up exploratory and automated testing as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or closely-related field with a significant amount of CS coursework. Equivalent work experience is acceptable.
- +/- 5 years of software engineering experience (development and/or testing).
- Proven white-box testing skills.
- Extensive Java experience, including at least 2+ years of white-box Java testing or 2+ years of Java and/or C ++development.
- Clear track record of careful test documentation and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with exploratory testing goals and methodology.
- Experience developing or testing multi-node, large-scale software applications.
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum or similar).
- Experience with object-oriented design.
- Strong knowledge of Linux command line tools a must
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clear, concise bug reports.
- Fluency in any foreign language – but especially Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or Arabic is a plus.
- Experience as a team lead is a plus.
Attivio is an exciting, dynamic, fast paced, collaborative and enjoyable place to work. We are located next door to the green line MBTA Riverside Station and we are conveniently located next to all major routes. We offer a competitive benefits package, including monthly T passes and free Friday lunches! If you’re looking to mature your career and grow in a vibrant and cutting edge software company, then this is the place for you!!
ATTENTION: We will also consider candidates with fewer years of experience who are an excellent fit with the rest of the requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.