Client Delivery Internship-Summer 2015
- Newton, MA
Attivio is a difference-maker for Global 2000 companies tackling mission-critical data challenges and opportunities. Our company is young, but not a startup – we recently completed a major institutional investment round, and our enterprise-tested software is in production at some of the most innovative companies in the world. But we are only just beginning our growth trajectory.
Attivio, a leader in information access solutions is seeking a highly energetic and self-motivated Java Developer to work in Attivio’s Client Delivery department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working on various challenging projects in our fast-paced organization. This is an exciting opportunity to work with our various clients such as Goldman Sachs and United Way, amongst many others! Candidates for consideration should enjoy working in a dynamic team environment, have a desire to work on cutting-edge technologies, have related technical education, and have an enthusiasm to learn.
Come join a company where you have the opportunity to add value and see your contributions make an immediate impact on our product and customers!
- Attivio is an exciting, dynamic, fast paced, collaborative and enjoyable place to work.
- We are located next door to the green line MBTA Riverside Station and we are conveniently located next to all major routes.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including monthly T passes and free Friday lunches!
If you’re looking to mature your career and grow in a vibrant and cutting edge software company, then this is the place for you!!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dynamic learning environment with exposure to cutting edge technologies, complex customer challenges, and various technology oriented projects.
- Opportunity to work on real client projects and a variety of real world tasks that will test and grow your programming skills
- Working on cutting-edge information retrieval and analysis software.
- Develop programs in accordance with system architecture requirements.
- Assist in resolving technical issues.
- Working hand-in-hand with the development team building innovate information retrieval technologies, as well as working side-by-side with Sr. Engineers and Architects.
- Various programming tasks in Java, possibly Python.
- Project focused critical thinking; the ability to effectively and efficiently identify challenges and clearly communicate those challenges to the development team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of Java programming with some practical experience preferred
- Basic understanding of Web-related standards, such as HTTP, HTML, XML, XSLT.
- Some experience with web-based UI design and implementation
- Basic understanding of the Linux and/or Windows operating systems; some hands on experience with both systems is preferred.
- Excellent business communication skills, written, presentational, and verbal.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING AND/OR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous experience as an intern/employee in a technology organization a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.