Homemaker-Long Term Care
- Waconia, MN
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Enhanced Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. "In the spirit of Christ's love, Auburn Homes and Services provides care, service and ministry, primarily for the elderly, through a partnership of staff, residents, families, churches, volunteers and the community.
This position is 23 hours a pay period including every other weekend. The homemaker performs the combined duties of dining services, (including cook, kitchen assistant and kitchen activities) and housekeeping.
- As the cook, the homemaker will prepare food for household breakfast meal and snacks that are healthy and appetizing and served in a timely manner, maintaining high quality standards and portion control using standardized recipes.
- Assumes general responsibility for the pantry and kitchen areas on the household.
- Assists with serving resident meals, snacks and nourishments.
- Plans and facilitates activities for elders and the household that involve food preparation or other activities specific to the kitchen.
- Performs housekeeping duties to maintain cleanliness and neatness of household surroundings.
- Experience in skilled care or residential services for the elderly desirable.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Adequate experience in commercial food preparation to understand and manage the necessary volume of food preparation and service. Adequate experience with laundry responsibilities to meet the household laundry needs. Able to operate department specific equipment and to use cleaning products appropriately.
- Food handling certification (ServeSafe or equivalent) essential.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer