Nutrition and Culinary Assistant - Assisted Living
- Chaska, MN
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Enhanced Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. "In the spirit of Christ's love, Auburn Homes and Services provides care, service and ministry, primarily for the elderly, through a partnership of staff, residents, families, churches, volunteers and the community.
This position is 40 hours a week which includes every other weekend and every other holiday.
The Nutrition & Culinary Coordinator performs the combined duties of Attendant in The Garden Café and Parlor Assistant.
- As Cafe Coordinator you will prepare food for the breakfast meal based on resident preference that is healthy, appetizing and served in a timely manner, maintaining high quality standards.
- Assumes general responsibility for The Garden Café. Including ordering supplies, foods, and assuring budgetary responsibility.
- Assumes responsibility for hiring, training, planning schedules and other coordinator duties in relation to staffing in the Café.
- Oversees fiscal responsibility for café.
- Assumes responsibility for preparation of evening meal accoutrements delivered to each parlor.
- Assists with serving resident meals, snacks and nourishments.
- Performs as clerk in café area.
- Leads, Participates in, plans, and evaluates activities for Café area.
- Experience in skilled care or residential services for the elderly desirable.
- High school diploma or GED desirable.
- Adequate experience in commercial food preparation to understand and manage the necessary volume of food preparation and service.
- Food handling certification (ServeSafe or equivalent) may be a requirement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer