Nursing Assistant-Assisted Living
- Chaska, MN
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Enhanced Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. "In the spirit of Christ's love, Auburn Homes and Services provides care, service and ministry, primarily for the elderly, through a partnership of staff, residents, families, churches, volunteers and the community.
*All shifts required every other weekend and every other holiday.
The purpose of your position is to “Serve Seniors in the Spirit of Christ’s Love” by fulfilling Auburn Homes and Services’ mission, purpose, commitment to service, and practices.
The Care Attendant is responsible for the provision of high quality personal care and services to residents to support the choices of residents, while maintaining consistency with regulations and established best practices.
- Provide residents individualized, direct care with activities of daily living, meals, restorative care and life skills based upon resident preferences, regulations and established best practices.
- Maintain all required documentation in accordance with regulations and established clinical best practices.
- Support residents in self-care, and provide care as necessary for those unable to care for their own needs.
- Observe residents closely, identifying changing needs and conditions at first indication, and
reports immediately to nursing or care attendant leadership as appropriate.
- Participate actively in the resident’s care planning and care conference as requested by the nurse team, serving as the residents' closest advocate in provision of care and honoring their preferences.
- Consistently work with all team members, led by resident and family preference to meet the needs and desires of all residents.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust priorities in response to resident needs.
- Current CNA certification in the state of Minnesota instruction course.
- Demonstrated competencies in person-directed, elder/resident-directed practice, critical thinking, teamwork, self leadership, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Demonstrated compatibility with AH&S's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer