Part-Time Activities Assistant- Assisted Living
- Chaska, MN
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Enhanced Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. "In the spirit of Christ's love, Auburn Homes and Services provides care, service and ministry, primarily for the elderly, through a partnership of staff, residents, families, churches, volunteers and the community.
Activities Assistant shift available:
- Part-Time Schedule: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays- hours are from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm and on-call weekends
- Perform assigned work routines and daily assignments to meet the psychosocial and activities needs of residents and the Memory Care Unit, including creating diverse opportunities for meaningful pursuits, daily pleasures, recreation, exercise, friendships, social interaction, growth and learning, fun and enjoyment, personal routines, spontaneous activity.
- Assist residents with activities of their choice, group, individual or one on one.
- Provide for resident leisure life activities.
- Take residents outdoors, or out in the facility or community.
- Participate in outings and special events.
- Provide one on one interaction with residents based on preferences.
- Transport residents to other parts of the community.
- Collaborate with households and campus staff related to large campus events, shared equipment etc.
- High School Diploma or related
- Memory Care experience a must
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours such as during evenings and weekends for planned programs.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, initiative and good rapport with residents, staff, families and volunteers.
- Demonstrated compatibility with AHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer