Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
- Belmont, CA
Auction.com is the nation's leading online real estate marketplace and has sold $26 billion of property since inception. Our award winning online platform has helped bring buyers and sellers together with an easy, transparent platform yields the true value of any real estate asset, whether it be a luxury home, a multi-story Class A office building, an entry-level foreclosed home, or a self-storage facility.
Senior Software Engineers are responsible for designing and delivering the high quality software that drives Auction.com's websites, management site, and mobile products. The right candidate is comfortable in a wide range of technologies, from Java, Cassandra, Oracle and Redis, to server configuration and management, to architecting scalable infrastructures, as well as being comfortable working in an Agile, collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Implement product features and refine specifications.
- Work with Product Managers and Business Analysts to design and define Auction.com's products.
- Work closely with front end and mobile team.
- Build consensus on design and process decisions.
- Work in an Agile environment and Test Driven Development.
- Be an internal champion for continuously improving team working processes, code quality, and tool and technology adoption.
- Define office culture, process, and best practices from the ground up.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid demonstrated object oriented software development experience with JAVA, J2EE technologies, Spring, WMQ, JMS, JMX, JDBC, JEE Security, ANT, SQL, Maven, commons-logging, log4j, Junit.
- Strong development experience with developing Java RESTful services.
- Experience with application messaging and integration technologies.
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocol, OOP, and noSQL technologies like Redis, memcached, and Cassandra.
- Understanding of basic software development methodologies and coding standards.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Version control software experience. (svn, git, hg, etc.)
- Knowledge of LAMP application setup and administration.
- Proven ability to operate effectively at the senior level.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Educational background in Computer Science or equivalent degree preferred.
- 5+ years relevant work experience preferred.