Implement new Hadoop hardware infrastructure, Cluster maintenance, HDFS support and maintenance, Adding and removing cluster nodes, Backup and restores, Troubleshooting MapReduce Jobs as required, Cluster Monitoring and Troubleshooting, Manage and review Hadoop log file, Performance Tuning, and Filesystem management and monitoring,
* Hadoop Cluster capacity planning
* Provide support and troubleshooting for BI issues associated with Hadoop
* Work with the project and application development teams to implement new business initiatives as they relate to Hadoop
* Works with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades as required.
* Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
* Owns the long term vision and evolution of the production database environment, and translates the database architect’s strategic direction, into the strategy for their domain
* Maintain a proactive attitude towards all database related work, improve existing processes, with emphasis on innovation
* Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding the entire Hadoop Stack( MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Flume)
* Hands on experience with the Hadoop and HBase stack (MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Flume)
* Hands on experience working with Oracle Database Administration.
* Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services, EC2, S3, IAM and Elastic Map Reduce in a Production Environment
* Qualified candidates will also express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven ability to develop, design and implement architectures with high availability, operations supportability and scalability to support evolving IT organization.
* Ability to work comfortably in highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation.
* Proven strong innovative and analytical skill with extensive implementation skills.
* Ability to constantly uptake new technologies, experiment with them and implement them for the benefit of the development organization.
* Working experience with Oracle Database, MS SQL and MySQL are strong plus
Hands on experience architecting and implementing Continuous Integration Environments (Jenkins, Rundeck, GIT, etc)
Familiar with J2EE technologies
Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, etc)
Automation and Orchestration
Exposure to NoSQL data store technologies (Redis, MongoDB, etc)
Solid understanding of Caching strategies
* Strong experience in performance analysis and improvement, capacity management, and automated monitoring.
* Experience in being part of an agile software development organization
* Experience working with high volume customer-facing products
* Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
* Team player with strong inter-personal skills
Contact: 678 687 1052
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/august-networksinc
Follow us on Linkedin - www.linkedin.com/company/august-networks
Check our latest job opportunities on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/augustjobs