- Mountain View, CA
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be point of contact for Production, Development and Engineering customers, developing tactical plans in line with project initiatives and programs. Provide updates and status to management and stakeholders on project efforts.
- Perform System / Network Administration activities on Unix systems, Windows Systems & Storage.
- Perform System / Network Administration activities on VMware Virtual environment.
- Automate various System and Network Administration activities.
- Develop various system administration / monitoring tools for day to day use and handover to operation team with proper documentation and training.
- Install, configure, and perform upgrades on the following system management tools: Splunk, Foglight, R-Syslog, Sendmail, Netbackup, Puppet and Nagios
- Should be security conscious in all the system administration, development and tools configuration/management activities.
- Perform system administration activities such as provisioning and troubleshooting on the following OS platforms: CentOS, Redhat Linux, Solaris, AIX, VMWare, and Windows.
- Participate in “proof of concept” programs, implementing new technologies and tools.
- Complete and submit weekly report to Management. Should track and document all tasks, resolution provided for issues and project/work status and provide to management.
- Participate in 'on-call' duties outside of normal business hours as well as participate in bi-weekly maintenance windows as required.
- Perform support and maintenance activities of Production, QA and Development systems. Manage and document all work through appropriate work management and change control systems.
- 5 to 7 years experience in a technical support organization (VMware/System/Network Administration).
- 2 to 3 Years experience in VMWare virtualization techniques is a must.
- 4 to 5 Years experience in Linux is a must.
- Solid experience in system & network administration of RHEL Linux & Windows.
- Solid experience in VMware ESX 3.5, 3i and 4.
- In depth knowledge of System/OS level TCP/IP Networking is a must.
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory, Windows OS (2003, 2008) is a must.
- Should put in security as a priority in all the administration and tools management.
- Should be able to work independently and lead/complete project as per guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as oral and written skills.
- Participate in off-hours, weekends and holidays on-call support as required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain Trusted employee status.
aurionPro Solutions, Inc.
Fax: 732 909 2221
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.