Software Engineer - 3GL
- Township of Radnor, PA
Our Client is an innovative, profitable, private company with headquarters in Pennsylvania and The Netherlands, and offices in Germany, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, Italy, Finland, Switzerland, and Malaysia. Our Client has over 500 employees, grows about 50% year on year, and is recognized by industry analysts as one of the most innovative software platforms for the complex area of planning and scheduling. Customers in the USA include FAA, DHL, Washington State Ferries, QVC, most large aluminum producers, and many others.
For our Client’s fast growing office in Radnor (PA) near Philadelphia, we are looking for software engineers. You will be working with their state-of-the-art Supply Chain advanced planning and scheduling platform to develop planning solutions for our diverse range of customers
If you have the ability and experience to work in an object-oriented development environment, if you like complex puzzles, if you combine technical skills with functional understanding, if you like rapid application development and relatively short and dynamic projects (several weeks up to nine months), then this is the job for you!
The Client software is a best-of-breed planning and scheduling platform and provides an extensive range of tools for state-of-the-art visualization, modeling of planning and scheduling knowledge, and implementation of business rules as well as several optimization algorithms. You'll use this toolset to program and create solutions that help our customers increase their bottom line. Your passion is in creating technologically advanced solutions, while being part of a small team that directly interacts with our customers.
Skills and Experience
- · Background at academic level in computer science, econometrics or similar, high abstraction and analytic ability
- · Experience with object-oriented programming and modeling in 3GLs (for example languages such as Java, C++, C#) or 4GLs.
- · Some knowledge of optimization techniques in operations research or artificial intelligence (e.g., linear programming, genetic algorithms, heuristic search techniques, constraint programming, etc.) is a plus.
- · Essential is that you are an energetic and flexible individual
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills
- · Enjoy working on solving complex design and configuration challenges with your colleagues.
Please send a position specific cover letter (explaining your particular interest in this job) and your resume to Resumes without cover letters or resumes with generic cover letters, will not be reviewed.