POSITION SUMMARY: To manage staff and participate in the engineering, installation, maintenance, monitoring, inventory, security and selection of telecom (legacy and Cisco), VOIP, video and WAN network hardware and software services and resources.
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of Company.
- Responsible for the data communications (WAN), telecommunications (Legacy and Cisco), and Video/Unified communications (Video Conferencing, Webcast, Instant Messaging, etc.).
- Directly supervise, evaluate, prepare and contribute to Annual Performance reviews including goal setting and Talent Development of 4 staff members.
- Participates in the engineering, installation, maintenance, monitoring, inventory, security, and selection of network hardware and software resources.
- Manages and participates in the day-to-day event response, incident management, and problem management for the voice/data networks, and the network hardware/software in order to minimize the duration of network service interruption.
- Ensures that all support activities performed follow applicable policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains SLA, analyzes metrics and capacity planning data. Evaluates utilization and performance data of WAN and Telecom resources. Develops trend projections and makes recommendations for present and future improvements.
- Analyzes and tracks data communications, telecommunications, and video/unified communication service statistics, maintenance, support, and billing.
- Provides consultative services on data communications, telecommunications, and video/unified communication services to offices as requested.
- Troubleshoots and resolves data communications, telecommunications, and video/unified communication service issues. Also, provides in-house training to Help Desk in first-line troubleshooting techniques for data communications, telecommunications, and video/unified communication service issues.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends enhancements to existing products, services, and technologies.
- Ensures appropriate disaster recovery configurations and plans are in place, documented, and tested.
- Ensures the adequacy of the alert system and its implementation (including escalation points and notifications) to support 7x24 uptime commitments.
- Supports all WAN installations, upgrades, migrations, and relocations as well as support of Peer-Peer and Client VPN services.
- Provides project and team support in the design, ordering, configuration, installation, and technical support of WAN systems and interfaces.
- Responsible for daily backups and administration of backup server and software.
- Maintains documentation of data communications, telecommunications, and video/unified communication service ns environment.
- Participates in team projects and provides team support associated with other IT operational systems and services, e.g., LAN, Desktop, and Email.
- Demonstrate solid performance or exceed performance standards in key job dimensions/attributes as defined on the Performance Appraisal for Office Staff, 0-3240.
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by Supervisor