- Moorestown, NJ
POSITION SUMMARY: To manage staff and participate in the engineering, installation, maintenance, monitoring, inventory, security and selection of telecom (legacy and Cisco), VOIP, video and WAN network hardware and software services and resources.
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of Company.
- Responsible for the data communications (WAN), telecommunications (Legacy and Cisco), and Video/Unified communications (Video Conferencing, Webcast, Instant Messaging, etc.).
- Directly supervise, evaluate, prepare and contribute to Annual Performance reviews including goal setting and Talent Development of 4 staff members.
- Participates in the engineering, installation, maintenance, monitoring, inventory, security, and selection of network hardware and software resources.
- Manages and participates in the day-to-day event response, incident management, and problem management for the voice/data networks, and the network hardware/software in order to minimize the duration of network service interruption.
- Ensures that all support activities performed follow applicable policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains SLA, analyzes metrics and capacity planning data. Evaluates utilization and performance data of WAN and Telecom resources. Develops trend projections and makes recommendations for present and future improvements.
- Analyzes and tracks data communications, telecommunications, and video/unified communication service statistics, maintenance, support, and billing.
- Provides consultative services on data communications, telecommunications, and video/unified communication services to offices as requested.
- Troubleshoots and resolves data communications, telecommunications, and video/unified communication service issues. Also, provides in-house training to Help Desk in first-line troubleshooting techniques for data communications, telecommunications, and video/unified communication service issues.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends enhancements to existing products, services, and technologies.
- Ensures appropriate disaster recovery configurations and plans are in place, documented, and tested.
- Ensures the adequacy of the alert system and its implementation (including escalation points and notifications) to support 7x24 uptime commitments.
- Supports all WAN installations, upgrades, migrations, and relocations as well as support of Peer-Peer and Client VPN services.
- Provides project and team support in the design, ordering, configuration, installation, and technical support of WAN systems and interfaces.
- Responsible for daily backups and administration of backup server and software.
- Maintains documentation of data communications, telecommunications, and video/unified communication service ns environment.
- Participates in team projects and provides team support associated with other IT operational systems and services, e.g., LAN, Desktop, and Email.
- Demonstrate solid performance or exceed performance standards in key job dimensions/attributes as defined on the Performance Appraisal for Office Staff, 0-3240.
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by Supervisor
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
- Exemplifies characteristics of the company way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years hands-on progressive experience with WAN and Telecom technologies as well as local area network hardware platforms, firewall systems and internet security (encryption).
- At least three (3) years of experience managing high level technical staff.
- Strong analysis, design, and planning skills.
- Good project management and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Cisco routers and PIX firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft IIS. Competence with routers, networking protocols, and configurations.
- Proficient at drawing Visio Network Diagrams.
- Advanced-level knowledge and experience relating to the operational support of voice/data networks, network management tools, mobile services, and telephony infrastructure.
- Ability to learn new technologies and software.
- Strong communication (listening, speaking, writing and presentation) skills.
- Availability for scheduled after-hours and weekend support based on defined policy and travel, as required.
- Demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills.
- Competence in basic PC skills required to perform job functions.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Four (4) year college degree required
- Cisco certifications a plus.
aurionPro Solutions, Inc.
Fax: 732 909 2221