Business Systems Analyst
- Lexington, KY
Aurionpro is a publicly traded technology company that helps enterprises to be more efficient through domain-driven software and consulting offerings. Employing more than 1,250 individuals across North America, Asia, and Europe, the company has been recognized by Deloitte, Forbes, and the 2011 FinTech 100 as one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies.
Business Systems Analyst - Full time permanent hire
Job Summary Creates and maintains the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery in an incremental, iterative fast-paced Agile development/IT environment. Responsible for delivering business requirements and related business rules based on business group needs. Works closely with business partners and subject matter expert(s) in the definition, training, testing, implementation, and support of functional requirements. Identifies requirements via standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and/or existing system documentation or procedures.
Essential Job Functions
1. Works with project team members and lawyers to analyze complex business problems, apply process improvement techniques to reduce inefficiency and design workflows and systems to increase efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
2. Conducts interviews and meetings with stakeholders to compile and document requirements for program development and subsequent revisions.
3. Evaluates and recommends third-party software solutions. Works with vendors on the implementation of new packaged systems or upgrades to existing systems.
4. Oversees all aspects of assigned software, hardware and infrastructure projects through implementation and closing, applying tools and techniques of the firm’s project management methodology, including working with key stakeholders to develop deployment, training and communication plans and conducting project retrospectives upon completion.
5. Regularly reports status of projects to stakeholders, the IT Project Manager and executive teams through standing meetings, ad hoc meetings and written reports. Sets appropriate expectations for all audiences.
6. Creates test plan for, tests and coordinates broader testing effort for applications to help ensure smooth operations and a bug-free roll-out.
7. As third tier of support, responds to calls received from the Help Desk ticket tracking software; troubleshoots and seeks resolution of system problems with IT team and vendors as required. Contributes to and updates the ticketing system knowledgebase.
8. Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all records and files.
9. Proactively maintains and expands knowledge of trends, developments and new technologies that may have a potential impact upon firm operations. Researches, evaluates and provides input on software products and researches, evaluates and recommends enhancements to current applications programs, systems and methods of operating.
10. Participates in departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues; assists with various firm and/or departmental projects and initiatives as assigned.
11. Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
Minimum Job Qualifications
1. Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent technical knowledge.
2. 3-5 years of experience preferably in a professional services environment.
3. Strong project management skills evidenced by crisp project execution via a defined project management methodology.
4. Thorough knowledge of software applications and design tools including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of application products and knowledge of relational databases, database administration and reporting tools. Experience with Agile software development methodology preferred.
5. Thorough command of the industry language and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
6. Working knowledge of process improvement principles and concepts.
7. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, participate as a team leader or member of a team, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
8. Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required and ability to interact effectively and professionally with all learning styles, personality types and levels of management, staff and a variety of external entities including clients and prospective clients.
9. Ability to travel to other offices.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job classification.