Aurionpro is a publicly traded technology company that helps enterprises to be more efficient through domain-driven software and consulting offerings. Employing more than 1,250 individuals across North America, Asia, and Europe, the company has been recognized by Deloitte, Forbes, and the 2011 FinTech 100 as one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies.
Messaging Engineer works within the NetOps group on the operation of the Firm's messaging systems, responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of such systems ensuring operational high availability.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge, experience and competencies as described below:
- Administers all operational aspects of the Firm's enterprise email system on Exchange, as well as the Active Directory.
- Oversees continuous monitoring of these systems to ensure proactive and prompt issue resolutions.
- Configures and maintains message routing, send/receive connectors and public folder replication schedules.
- Builds, configures, and administers Windows servers with different Exchange roles. Plans and executes Exchange code upgrades and maintains the health and security of the entire messaging infrastructure.
- Supports and administers email clients such as Outlook and mobile messaging solutions such as BES, ActiveSync, OWA and instant messaging platforms such as Lync.
- Administers third-party support systems such as email archiving, anti-spam, anti-virus, SMTP gateways and high availability services as well as secure email communications established via TLS, site-to-site VPN or other technologies.
- Designs, implements and manages High Availability and Disaster Recovery contingencies and procedures.
- Works with other teams in the development, implementation, testing, and rollout of new hardware, software, and applications as they relate to messaging.
- Coordinates and resolves email discovery, litigation hold and archive management requirements.
- Researches and evaluates relevant products and technologies, and makes purchase recommendations.
- Acts as the Firm's chief messaging resource to respond to any and all messaging issues and requests.
- Interacts with all levels of personnel and outside vendors. Provides high-level technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve messaging problems. Responds to calls received from the call tracking software, for ticket entry, tracking and follow up. Resolves specialized and/or high impact messaging issues. Troubleshoots customer problems that may require visiting the customer directly. Contributes to and updates the solutions database and the projects management database.
- Assists the Manager in the development, interpretation, administration and communication of departmental strategies, policies and procedures. Supports and takes all necessary and approved actions to achieve departmental goals and objectives, recognizing and identifying issues and problems and recommending solutions to the Manager. Provides technical input to IT department in the design, enhancement and documentation of in-house training programs. In conjunction with the Technology Trainers, trains others in the use of messaging-related application software.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all firm records and files.
- Leads/participates in departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues; assists with various firm and/or departmental projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge. Appropriate certifications preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience in the electronic messaging field.
- Must possess proficiencies in core messaging systems as described above.
- Thorough command of the industry language and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a variety of technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, participate as a team leader or member of a team, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Strong presentation, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required and ability to interact effectively and professionally with all learning styles, personality types and levels of management, staff and a variety of external entities including clients and prospective clients of the Firm.
- Ability to travel to the Firm’s other offices.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.