Sr. Java Developer \ Sr. Ruby Developer \ Senior Software Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
Manheim Digital,a division of Manheim provides the largest virtual marketplace for online automobile dealer-to-dealer and commercial consigner to dealer business transactions through three major online systems.
- Manheim.com, which handles corporate information and content for the parent company.
- Simulcast, a video-streaming service that lets buyers and seller participate in the physical auctions from remote locations.
- OVE.com, formerly Online Vehicle Exchange, which is a virtual marketplace for buyers and sellers of used vehicles.
The Senior Software Engineeris responsible for the creation and maintenance of web and mobile based software applicationsas required, to support the program goals at Manheim Digital. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. This role requires the ability to work with little direct supervision on multiple projects concurrently. Additionally, the Senior Engineer must be willing and able to coordinate the work of junior staff as well as lead the engineering team. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in an Agile team environment are keys to this position.
Senior Engineers are responsible for the analysis, estimation, design, implementation, deployment, management and daily operations of the technology infrastructure. They are also tasked with driving and implementing operational improvements through optimization of system performance, automation and judicious use of technology. Technology architecture strength and operational rigor are capabilities needed to successfully execute this position.
The successful candidate we seek must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced start up environment. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are keys to this position. Strong experience in multiple Object Oriented programming languages is a must, like Java and Ruby.
A committed employee who works towards the success of the Team. Completing assignments in a timely manner and helping/leading other team members.
- Adding new features to our digital auction software
- Work in a team environment applying both Agile methodologies SCRUM and Extreme Programming (XP). Developer pairing is the norm.
- Ability to lead the engineering team
- Work with the business team to fulfill their requests
- Work with our Quality Assurance and Site Operations teams to get our releases into production
- Stabilize our code/build/deployment
- Assist in production support as needed and be on-call as needed
- Providing recommendations on tools to monitor and support all environments and implement as necessary
- Following the change management process to control changes to production systems with regards to physical or system updates
- Making process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences
- Collaborating closely with and assisting Site Operation and Quality Assurance teams when required to ensure timely delivery of new systems, enhancements and bug fixes
- Takes ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase operating efficiency.
- Develop and maintain unit tests for software components in development
- Participate in requirements gathering and definition efforts
- Provide accurate estimates in support of project planning efforts
- Respond quickly and effectively to bugs
- Maintain and develop expert knowledge of industry best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5-15 years development experience in several Object Oriented languages like Java and Ruby
- 3+ years in managing software applications including web based
- 3+ years’ experience working in large scale high performance web environments
- Strong knowledge of web application frameworks and patterns (Struts, Spring, Rails, JSF, MVC)
- Experience writing SQL queries and strong knowledge of relational database structures
- Experience writing AJAX modules
- Ability to successfully resolve stressful production issues
- Application build tools experience like Ant, Maven, and Rake
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools like Cruisecontrol or Hudson
- Automated test designs
- Strong experience with repository tools like Subversion, CVS, or Git
- Experience using Application Servers
- Excellent problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- User Interface (UI) development experience
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming techniques
- Mobile development including Objective C for the iOS Apple platform
- SOA experience with strong familiarity with SOAP, REST, JMS..
- Experience with one or more agile development methodologies, like SCRUM or XP
- Unix admin knowledge
- Awareness of Infrastructure as Code tools like Chef and Puppet
- Amazon Web Services and auto scaling knowledge. Especially RDS, BeanStalk, SQS, Cloudwatch.