Global eCommerce Business Analyst
Avnet Express is the global online source for electronic components and related software products. With over 4 million parts offered across fifteen branded business units in three regions, Avnet Express offers countless ways to find and buy products across the web – from AvnetExpress.com to the EmbeddedSoftwareStore.com, from supplier storefronts to customer punchouts, from vertical search engines to partner sites. In order to further expand the breadth and depth of product offerings across the world, the Avnet Express Program Team is looking to expand the current eCommerce Business Analysis Team by adding an experienced Business Analyst/Systems Analyst to the team.
Engage with business partners to develop innovative solutions to address business needs in complex and integrated business and systems environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan for and conduct requirements gathering activities
- Assess and analyze stakeholder requirements
- Document and gain consensus on project scope and business requirements
- Guide the development teams in the translation of business requirements into a viable solution design and functional specifications, accounting for system integration and interoperability of dozens of internal and external systems and interfaces
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills required
- MS Word, Excel, Visio skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including facilitation expertise
- Clear and concise writing abilities – must be able to author for diverse non-technical and technical stakeholder groups including senior executives
- Work collaboratively with business and technical teams in Asia and Europe
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute the Requirements project phase independently
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst role
- Demonstrated knowledge of eCommerce business processes desired, e.g. payment processing, tax, order fulfillment, product catalogs, shopping cart
- WCS knowledge and experience desired
- SQL experience desired
Education and Certification(s)
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at 800-882-8638 option 4, then option 3.