AWS Security Consultant
- Boston, MA
Leading Corporation: (T)
- Perform security architecture reviews to support overall organization's AWS security posture.
- Perform security reviews, identify risks associated with projects and applications moving to the cloud (public / private) and advise on risk mitigation.
- Perform remediation on cloud deployments not following existing established MHE cloud security procedures.
- Enhance Cloud information security controls with development of documented internal MHE Security Architecture Standards procedures.
- Interact with Third Party providers to ensure security controls are in effect and are working as designed.
- Interface with other MHE operations and/ or third parties to review resolution of potential IDS based alerts.
- Monitor internal and external threats and provide mitigation strategies for the enterprise.
- Translate business and technical requirements into extensible, scalable, and maintainable security solutions to include translating the IT-risk requirements and constraints of the business into technical control requirements and specifications.
- Participate in ongoing IT Security measurements and reporting for senior management review.
- Maintain current and best-practice technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology.
- Manage implementation of strategy to assure adequate protection of McGraw Hill Education's Global Data Network perimeter and internal segmentation networks.
- Assist in the management and enforcement of IT Security Policies.
- Managed process for network penetration testing by internal and 3rd party resources as a means to validate the integrity of network controls.
- Comprehensive knowledge of network security and protocols(TCP/IP VOIP/ IPSEC/ VPN) with demonstrated ability to operate key network security tools.
- A detail understanding of cryptography, mobile security, cloud security and PKI infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of firewalls, (host based, network and web application firewalls), IDS and IPS systems for policy enforcement and management.
- Understanding of security assessment methodologies and technical knowledge of tools for assessment of security risks.
- In-depth knowledge of security standards and techniques for network and applications.
- In-depth knowledge of log management / SEIM applications.
- Basic understanding of OWASP principles and practices.
Number to reach me ( Syed ): 703-738-6662 Ext:138
Please forward resume to syed(at)axiustek.com keep subject line as job title and location.
Job status: Full Time
Compensation: Base + Benefits + Relocation assistance
Eligible: EAD,GREEN CARD AND US CITIZENS
Only EAD,Green Card and US Citizens can apply
Reporting Manager: (S)
Concerned Recruiter: (MKM)