CAD Sales Engineer
- Somerset, NJ, United States
BEUMER Group is an international manufacturing leader in intralogistics in the fields of conveying, loading, palletising, packaging, sortation and distribution technology. BEUMER Group offers the right solution for almost every logistic challenge. We are a family owned, intralogistics leader, where tradition and innovation go hand in hand. We are proud of what our employees create each day. Integrity, Inspiration, Quality and Teamwork!
The CAD Sales Engineer is a hands-on individual who will prepare 2D & 3D drawings for the conceptual design of material handling equipment and systems. This position works closely with Application Engineers and Sales professionals to create technical solutions that provide operational and business benefits to clients. An ideal candidate will have mechanical design-based education; broadened by experience in the material handling industry within a sales environment. The Sales CAD Engineer will interface regularly with Mechanical Engineers, and Project Management. This position reports to the Applications and Estimating Manager.
- Provide drafting and design expertise to assist Application Engineers within the Sales department in the creation of 2D and 3D concept layouts
- Become a subject matter expert on BEUMER products and applications, as applicable to CAD design.
- Analyze customer requirements related to CAD design.
- Assist Sales in the creation of equipment proposals by providing engineering and design expertise.
- Attend conference calls and on-site meetings with clients, as directed by Manager.
- Work with Sales to transition a proposal to an order
Requirements/Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of a 2 Year Associate of Science Degree with a focus on Computer aided design
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in a technical sales or engineering environment, with at least 1 year focused on system layouts
- The ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment, handling multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Experience conducting site / facility surveys and translating those findings into a CAD model
- Proficient in 2D and 3D modeling CAD design programs. Auto CAD and Solid Edge experience preferred
- Experience developing CAD layouts of material handling systems (sorters, conveyors, etc.) in parcel and distribution centers.
- Excellent time management skills; attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, positive, and energetic attitude
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Excellent listening skills
Commitment Required. We are looking for a long-term commitment, the ability to set and meet goals and the willingness and ability to travel.
BEUMER is an innovative company, where every employee is part of the "family". Because our employees are our most important asset, here are some of benefits we currently offer full-time employees. And by the way, no waiting period, they start when you do:
- We pay 100% of medical & dental premiums for you AND your eligible dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan with a generous match, because we care about your future
- Life Insurance is provided free for all employees
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Long-term disability (yes, we cover that too!)
BEUMER is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.