Health, Safety & Environment Coordinator
- Somerset, NJ, United States
- Employees can work remotely
BEUMER Group is an international manufacturing leader in intralogistics in the fields of conveying, loading, palletising, packaging, sortation and distribution technology. BEUMER Group offers the right solution for almost every logistic challenge. We are a family owned, intralogistics leader, where tradition and innovation go hand in hand. We are pd of what our employees create each day. Integrity, Inspiration, Quality and Teamwork!
Further develop, coordinate, carry out and sustain the company safety program to ensure a safe, healthy and incident-free work environment; as well as provide safety and health support to BEUMER personnel. This position will continue the development of corporate safety and health programs, coordinate training programs with occupational health policies and develop procedures to promote and ensure safe operations throughout the organization. This role is hands-on and responsible for managing company-wide health and safety processes. This position will work closely with Engineering, Project Management and Site Integration. Frequent travel is required.
- Monitor safety and health regulations to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations and ensure client and site-specific safety requirements are met.
- Conduct HSE orientation training for new employees
- Continually review and update HSE Training for new employees
- Conduct ongoing HSE Training for existing employees
- Continually Review and update the HSE Training for existing employees
- Continually review and update written HSE programs
- Administrate and continually update/improve the Safety SharePoint
- Chair the Safety Committee
- Produce and present the monthly corporate safety meeting
- Create analytical reports of HSE data
- Facilitate incident investigations, root cause analyses and corrective actions
- Perform safety audits and reports for all offices and project sites
- Assess risk and possible safety hazards throughout all aspects of operations
- Administrate HSE platforms such as ISNetworld, PEC Safety and Avetta to ensure compliance
- Conduct safety risk assessments at project sites to identify job site hazards and initiate corrective and/or preventative measures.
- May be assigned to special projects or required to perform other duties
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of Full-Time Safety experience
- Excellent Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills essential.
- Excellent time management skills; attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Preferred OSHA 500 (Documented) and CSP
- Working knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations.
- Physically able to perform onsite job-site inspections
- Able to pass customer required background and security screenings.
- Valid driver's license that meets underwriting requirements
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
Ability to set and meet goals; sincere care for others; overwhelming desire to win and to be part of a winning team; able to travel up to 50% of the time.
BEUMER is an innovative company, where every employee is part of the "family". Because our employees are our most important asset, here are some of benefits we currently offer full-time employees. And by the way, no waiting period, they start when you do:
- We pay 100% of medical & dental premiums for you AND your eligible dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan with a generous match, because we care about your future
- Life Insurance is provided free for all employees
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Long-term disability (yes, we cover that too!)
BEUMER is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.