Sales Engineer Products (Conveying & Loading, Palletizing & Packaging)
BEUMER Group is an international manufacturing leader in intralogistics in the fields of conveying, loading, palletising, packaging, sortation and distribution technology. BEUMER Group offers the right solution for almost every logistic challenge. We are a family owned, intralogistics leader, where tradition and innovation go hand in hand. We are proud of what our employees create each day. Integrity, Inspiration, Quality and Teamwork!
The Sales Engineer for BEUMER Products is the primary customer-facing salesperson for both new sales and customer support opportunities for customers in the South Central and South Eastern region of the United States, this includes:
- BEUMER Conveyor & Loading Products including with new equipment as well as Customer Support opportunities including, Service and Upgrades. https://www.beumergroup.com/i/conveying-and-loading/
- BEUMER Palletizing & Packaging Products including with new equipment as well as Customer Support opportunities including, Service, and Upgrades.
The Industries served, without limitation include cement and building materials, chemicals and petrochemicals. This position may work remotely, within close proximity to a major airport. Travel is required up to 75% of the time.
- The primary function of the role will be to engage with current and potential new customers face to face; uncover and close new opportunities within the assigned territory and provide guidance throughout the estimating and proposal writing processes
- Determine Customer requirements and work with the BEUMER Organization and technical teams to develop and price technically distinctive, competitive solutions that are supportive of company revenue and gross profit targets
- Generate, price, and present technical solutions and commercial proposals for new equipment sales, upgrades, equipment modifications, recapitalizations and other technical field services
- Negotiate and secure sales contracts in line with company order intake targets
- Accountable for the achievement of financial targets and other KPIs; which include, but are not limited to, order intake, responsiveness, service levels, timeliness of issue resolution, and overall customer satisfaction
- Prepare reports as required
- Maintain consistent communication with customer and internal operations throughout project execution
Service and Support
- Maintain and grow Customer relationships by providing problem solving resources and consistent face to face communication.
- Support the BEUMER installed base, by working with the customers to provide routine and preventive maintenance planning, issue follow-up, Customer training, and system enhancements that will be applicable to expansions, upgrades and/or recapitalizations
- Communicate with other departments to prioritize and escalate issues, as necessary, to ensure prompt resolution
- Coordinate and ensure timely and accurate flow of information between the Customer and relevant support teams and resources
- Review, evaluate and revise procedures to ensure implementation and use of best practices
- Proactively develop technical and product support training strategies and measures, to maximize the highest level of quality and results
- Serve as the primary contact for Customer requests and inquiries
- Travel to sites to meet with Customers and/or internal project team members; required domestic travel will be up to 75%, with occasional international travel
- Obtain Customer feedback, in a timely manner, regarding delivered service levels, operational effectiveness and overall customer experience; communicate feedback appropriately with relevant team members, to continuously provide and maintain exceptional service at all levels
- Communicate services and value proposition to Customers; continuously researching opportunities for improvements that will lead to mutually beneficial enhancements in service levels; therefore, strengthening the customer relationship
Requirements / Skills / Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical degree in related field
- 5-7 years of highly relevant B2B sales experience, within the industrial automation, material handling industry, or palletizing and packaging industry.
- Sales experience in bulk material handling or allied industries strongly preferred
- A verifiable track record of success in project sales planning and execution
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with Technical resources
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Proven ability to collaborate, with an emphasis on team building
- Ability to show initiative and manage multiple projects, in an environment of frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities
- Exemplary organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and attention to detail skills; with the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, positive, and energetic demeanor.
Commitment Required Able to set and meet goals; sincere care for others; overwhelming desire to win and to be part of a winning team; able to travel up to 75% of the time.
BEUMER is an innovative intralogistics company, where every employee is part of the "family". Because our employees are our most important asset, here are some of benefits we currently offer full-time employees. And by the way, no waiting period, they start when you do:
- We pay 100% of medical & dental premiums for you AND your eligible dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan with a generous match, because we care about your future
- Life Insurance is provided free for all employees
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Long-term disability (yes, we cover that too!)
BEUMER is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.