Conveying, loading, palletising, packaging, sortation and distribution – BEUMER Group is a leader in the engineering and manufacturing of high-tech intralogistic systems for global markets. Our employees differentiate themselves by their ability to provide innovative solutions to our customers that incorporates a high-level of industry knowledge and a strong commitment to consistently and continuously expand their skills and knowledge. We fully support these high standards through a supportive teamwork structure, a mutual respect, and a working culture based on trust that fosters stability and security for all of our employees. Our common goal is to implement outstanding and innovative projects worldwide.
A member of BEUMER Group, located in Singapore BEUMER Group Singapore Pte. Ltd. is strategically located at the Singapore Changi International Airport, one of the busiest airports in the world. We have more than 200 employees working in our various business segments such as Airport systems, Logistics and Customer Support.
- Facilitate all software modifications and upgrades as part of the software maintenance to upkeep smooth operations of the system.
- Prepare and review SUCOs / SARs (Access request approval) before obtaining approval from customer Reports to O&M Manager & Assistant Manager.
- Deliver service and support to the O&M Team when requested.
- Attend to and manage all software or hardware related errors.
- Work closely with System Administrator to resolve software and hardware related issues.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving BHS Application, network connectivity and more.
- Gather information and determine the issue by evaluating, analyzing and isolating the details/symptoms.
- Follow standard processes and procedures.
- Identify and escalate priority issues.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource.
- Reviews all system occurrences to prevent recurrence.
- Coordinate and follow up with Hotline on all reported cases and communicate to the customer where necessary.
- Interact with the customer to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services.
- Provide guidance and training to CC room staff on all software related matters.
- Carry out training to staff and conduct practical test during off peak period.
- Coordinate with local equipment supplier/vendors (system related).
- Perform periodically review of system logs, operations report and follow up on action plans.
- Review monthly operations statistics together with the Manager.
- Provide monthly system performance analysis and generate required reports for stakeholders
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures where necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures where necessary.
- Schedule & deploy firmware updates & patches for equipment (Servers and Network devices) with vendors.
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Certifications in supporting relevant technologies such as MCP, MCSE and CCNA will be a definite advantage.
- Candidates with a diploma in Computer Science or Engineering, or its equivalent, with relevant experience of at least 7 years will also be considered.
- Experience in maintaining automated baggage handling systems or automated systems in material handling industries preferred.
- Experience in a control room environment preferred.
- General understanding of the underlying operating system, e.g., VMware, Windows and Linux.
- General understanding of storage technologies, memory management, disk arrays, NAS/SAN, networking.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work independently, with curiosity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to travel overseas if required.
- Possess strong communication skills in English.
Nellie Sze Ling Neo
Senior Manager - Human Resource
Tel.: +65 9239 1151