Junior Graphic Designer
- Toronto, Canada
B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A 60-year legacy of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, Delhi, Doha, and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors - each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet.
Located in our Toronto office as part of the Marketing and Business Development team, the Junior Graphic Designer, is responsible for creating and producing integrated marketing communications graphic design material, while ensuring compliance with brand identity standards.
The Junior Graphics Designer will be working on projects and deliverables in support of B+H teams throughout our global offices. Demonstrated flexibility to accommodate various time zones and ability to work in a virtual team environment is required.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- The creation and execution of (but not limited to):
- Marketing and business development printed communications (proposals, brochures, pamphlets)
- Slide show presentations and PowerPoint’s
- E-mail announcements
- Print ads
- Business card layouts and updates, stationary, etc.
- Internal requests (sponsorship ads, compliment cards, etc.)
- Hoarding signage
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Sourcing and prepping images for blogs / news sections on sites
- Supports the graphic design requirements of other functional groups, which may include: creation of reports, catalogues, recruiting materials, invitations, signage for special events, all sales materials, as well as other printed materials.
- Provides vendor with direction on colour correction. Reviews press proofs
- Executes pre-press file preparation and production, including proofing work at all stages.
- Attends weekly marketing meetings
- Three-or four-year diploma or degree in graphic design
- One to three years’ experience in a design firm or agency
- Must have experience in the Planning, Architecture or Interior Design industry
- Mac and PC literacy
- Must have advanced proficiency in the most current design and production software tools including, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Illustrator CS5, Adobe InDesign CS5, Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of printing production processes
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and video editing software is an asset (Final Cut Pro 7, Adobe Flash CS5, Adobe Premiere Pro 9)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to recognize and adapt to changing conditions
- Works in a team environment and performs other tasks and assignments as required
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work with minimal supervision