- Toronto, ON, Canada
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
Our founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
- Provides strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, administration, and communication of our Compensation for the NAM. Including counselling and providing advice to HR colleagues and Business Managers on compensation rewards and best practices according to business needs and corporate guidelines, including offers to new hires, compensation changes and bonus/commission plans
- Participates & Leads Annual Rewards processes such as salary planning, bonus planning, salary surveys, and market reference evaluations for all NAM based positions
- Responsibility and ownership to complete all job evaluations using the Korn Ferry Hay Methodology for any position located within the US or Canada as well as assist with job evaluations from other countries globally as needed
- Conducts ongoing benchmarking/market and best practice research & survey analysis to evaluate compensation competitiveness, monitor market trends, interpret results, and make recommendations based on results of compensation surveys for base salary and overall pay for individuals in NAM
- Sole person responsible for submitting all government mandated reporting for the US and Canada regarding EEO-1 (Component 1 & 2) data, veteran reporting, FMLA administration and reporting, Affirmative Action, Canada CNESST governmental reporting, etc.
- Manage local relationships and/or partner with compensation and HRIS vendors on annual reviews, system issues, purchasing of data, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required (MBA is preferred)
- 7-10 years of work experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the Compensation field is a must
- Knowledge of compensation programs and experience working with external vendors is required
- Awareness of local compensation regulations and market awareness
- Must be able to travel quarterly (domestic and international travel)
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.