National Account Manager - Drug Channel
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Are you ready to help us invent the future? As a National Account Manager in Sales at BIC, you’ll shape BIC’s corporate reputation at CVS and Rite Aid. You’ll be responsible for developing innovative strategies, owning our corporate direction in the Drug Channel, building lasting, impactful relationships with your retailers, and driving for results across our total product portfolio! We’re looking for a data-driven, results-oriented, relationship-centric powerhouse for this critical central role in our National Sales Team.
You’ll bring BIC to life; making an impact by creating, relaying, and articulating mutually beneficial strategies that benefit both BIC and our retailers, driving growth for both and creating channel-specific product offerings that surprise and delight consumers at retail. We bring joy & simplicity to everyday life – and we need you to help share that story.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide data-driven category advisorship to our key retailer partners, providing consumer and market-driven insights to impact assortment, planograms, and off-shelf activations
- Create mutually beneficial strategies that support BIC’s short- & long-term priorities, while also driving growth and profitability for our retailer partners
- Managing and driving a profitable P&L to enhance the Drug Channel’s total profitability within the organization
- Analyzing direct retailer-provided, syndicated, and panel data to build compelling selling stories to gain and maintain retail placements & POG awards
- Build and leverage internal and external relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders in order to drive and execute vision & strategy
- Leveraging retail and market analytics to provide ongoing forecasts across all business units to effectively communicate supply needs
- Demonstrate thought-leadership, and strategic thinking to senior leadership to drive engagement for your accounts
- Actively participate and add value to the Drug Channel team, to enhance the team’s structure and purpose
- Negotiate business needs both internally and externally driving mutually beneficial contractual agreements and everyday business needs
- Demonstrate a drive to keep the business moving forward with exceptional follow-up and collaborative skills & attitude
Projects You’ll Work On:
- Category line reviews & product proposals to gain incremental placements for BIC
- Seasonal & off-shelf program creation and execution across multiple categories
- Relationship building with key retail stakeholders to drive profitable growth
- Long-term Horizon Strategy Planning to provide longtail growth for BIC in the drug channel
- Creation of promotional planning across all categories to enhance awareness and drive purchase intent
- Budget ownership, working within retailer-specific operational budgets to drive both topline growth & overall profitability for the business
- Short & long-Term forecasting to ensure on-time, in-full supply to our retail partners
- Strategic & joint business planning with high level leadership both internally & with our retail partners
- Ongoing negotiation with key decision makers to drive long-term strategy
- Supporting management (both direct and senior) to elevate and execute national initiatives
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (required)
- You have 3-5+ years’ experience working in sales or account management (required); CPG experience is preferred
- You can: Develop highly strategic solutions. Work with precision, details, and process. Confidently advise senior managers & work with minimal oversight
- You have the experience in using retailer-provided and syndicated data (required), with an analytical background
- You’d describe yourself as: An expert in building & maintaining relationships, a strategic thinker, a results-oriented salesperson, a creative and inventive problem-solver, and a self-motivated owner and decision maker
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Advanced Excel skills are a must (including pivot tables)
- Experience building and managing budgets, P&Ls, and multi-item forecasts is preferred
- You are an effective, engaged, & concise communicator
- You have a desire to join and fast-paced, results-driven team
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.