Sales - Business Development Director
- Danbury, CT
BI WORLDWIDE applies the priciples of behavorial economics to engage the people who impact your business results. We help you translate your strategic goals into actionable solutions that influence perceptions, change behavior and deliver measurable results on a local, national, and global level.
Do you have a background in new business development, selling marketing and related professional business services?
Do you understand how business strategy and direction are determined in corporations?
Are you highly competitive, confident in your ability to sell, assertive, and dependable?
Are you insatiably curious, and have a passion for exceptional customer service?
Can you provoke constructive conversation with your customers?
Can you quickly build confidence with prospects, customers, and internal team members?
Can you lead and motivate a team of resources in a dynamic environment?
We are seeking an exceptionally talented sales professional located in the Danbury, Connecticut market to join our regional sales team. The Business Development Director is an individual contributor and is charged with new business development in the Danbury market.
Compensation is not capped and is based on your performance. We offer a base salary plus commission and a bonus tied to fiscal year revenue production and profitability. To get you started, we offer a three year, substantially guaranteed package that is based, within limits, on the average of your previous 3 years' income. This package does not limit your earnings opportunity but rather guarantees a level of income while you build your book of business.
Business Development Directors are automatically eligible for a full suite of performance management reward programs, including an annual President’s Club travel award. Other benefits include car allowance, company laptop, mobile device reimbursement and full expense account for client entertainment.
• Minimum 7 years of direct B2B sales experience calling on Fortune 1000 companies.
• Clear history of new business development by PROSPECTING and growing revenue in multiple accounts
• An understanding of sales force/channel motivation, consumer marketing, and employee retention/training is a plus
• Large volume sales experience ($250k plus per sale)
• Experience with broad range of sales cycles (three to six to twelve months)
• History of career stability with a maximum of three jobs in the last ten years
• Compensation derived through highly leveraged commissions and bonuses
• Four year college degree is required; advanced degree is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products is required; Proficiency with Web 2.0 and SaaS solutions a plus