BLM352742_Quality Assurance Specialist
- Columbus, OH
No. of Openings: 1
Start Date: 02/15/14
End Date: 06/30/14 | NOTE: This contract will have 850 hours thru end of FY14 and an additional 2000 hours for FY15 (July 1st , 2014 thru June 30, 2015) .
Worksite Address: 1970 West Broad Street
Agency Interview Type: In Person Only |
Expenses Allowed: No
Work Hours: 8am - 5pm
The Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) is responsible for the design, pilot, and implementation of the software quality assurance review processes. The QAS Specialist will work with Application Teams during pre and post assessment periods. The QAS Specialist reports to the Quality Assurance Team Lead. For each phase end review the Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible to plan, schedule, execute, and document findings of the review. Quality Assurance Specialists must have a detailed understanding of processes which support the software development lifecycle. The Quality Assurance Lead is responsible for communicating with the client regarding the progress of the quality approach and a summary of the metrics, as well as managing the Quality Assurance Specialists.
QA Technical Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience preparing a test strategy, test plans, test scenarios and test cases for a project
• Experience with manual testing and automated testing
• Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions
• Experience with Microsoft Test Manager & Microsoft Visual Studio
o Configuring Test Manager
o Write test scripts in Test Manager
o Automating tests in Test Manager / Visual Studio
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Methodology Knowledge and Experience:
• Understands core concepts of Agile (Scrum) Methodology
• Familiarity with Agile team concepts like burn down charts, story cards, standup's, etc.
• Experience working in an Agile / Scrum team
• Awareness of different methodologies in Agile and the role of QA resource in an Agile team
• Understands the Waterfall Methodology and the role of QA resource in a waterfall team
• Good communication skills both oral and verbal
• Good analytical and articulation skills, will be needed to find defects and get it addressed
• Should be a team player, capable of negotiating and resolving conflicts and disagreements with team members
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time, working with multiple teams
• Quick learner capable of hitting the ground running, will be evaluated based on experience working in different industries
•Conduct software quality phase end review activities (work product and process) for each software project and produce the required quality assurance reports, as specified in the project's quality assurance plan.
•Ensure the software development process followed by the project teams is compliant with approved tailored processes.
•Review and check project’s software development activities and the associated internal tasks required by the agencies as employed by the project and specified in the project plan.
•Prepare preliminary software quality audit package for review before conduct of audit.
•Define quality standards.
•Monitor progress of action item resolution activity and ensure appropriate stakeholders are aware of pending deadlines.
•Assist in managing and improving quality assurance team processes.
•Review and understand project team work plan.
•Determine time estimates and schedule for software quality review work. Conduct reviews according to schedule.
•Organize and prepare work effectively to facilitate proactive resolution of problems, rather than reactive.
•Identify and track issues, risks and action items affecting own work and work of team.
•Report on progress of action item resolution and possible risk areas.
•Anticipate and resolve issues specific to the team.
•Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Experience and understanding core concepts of working in Agile/Scrum IT projects:1YR
- Experience with Agile team concepts ; burn down charts, story cards, stand ups etc; 1YR
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall and know the difference in the QA roles; 1YR
- Experience with Manual testing; 4YRS
- Experience writing test strategies, test scenarios, test plans, test cases; 1YR
- Experience with Automated testing; 4YRS
- Experience with Microsoft test manager ; configuring Test Manager , writing test scripts and automated testing; 3YRS
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio -automating tests in MVS; 3YRS
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS);3YRS
- Excellent analytical skills and excellent communication
- Experience working on multiple projects with multiple teams
During the interview process with the client staff, the resource consultant must demonstrate competence/experience in their specific area(s) of project assignment. The resource’s experience must also be documented for review and verification. Offered resources not showing technical or functional competence/experience will be sufficient reason to reject the Offeror’s proposal. It is the responsibility of the Offeror to pre-screen their candidates to ensure compliance.