- Columbus, OH
No. of Openings: 1
Start Date: 03/10/14
End Date: 06/30/14 |
Worksite Address: 1980 W. Broad Street|
Agency Interview Type: In Person interview |
Expenses Allowed: No
High Level Project Needs:
1. Physical enhancements/consolidation of OHPO databases
2. External User Interface to replace current cultural resource inventory application (IForm).
3. Internal User Interface for Staff data entry
4. GIS interface for data distribution/sharing with ODOT
The BA is expected to meet with stakeholders of OHPO, ODOT Environmental Services, ODOT Technical Services, and ODOT DoIT to identify and document all desired requirements for this proposed project. The BA selected for this assignment should have the following competencies:
1. Ability to document and prioritize business requirements from all stakeholders
2. Ability to document and prioritize technical requirements from all stakeholders
3. Experience with database technologies
4. Knowledge/experience with geographic information systems, webmapping technologies
5. Ability to develop diagrams or wireframes to illustrate requirements
6. Ability to document/illustrate workflows
Business Analyst Deliverables
Final deliveable will be a detailed report (in MS Word) and associated diagram or wireframes files (Preferably created with MS Visio and Balsamiq Mockup). This report will clearly summarize each stakeholder group’s requirements for the project. This report will be organized in a manner to assist ODOT and OHPO in RFP development, and depending on the identified requirements, could include scenario examples of tiered solutions (for example: basic solution = meets minimum requirements, mid-level solution = meets majority of requirements, or complete solution = meets all requirements).
Senior Business Analyst
Experience with Enterprise Class COTS Software Projects
1.Gathers and analyzes information from stakeholders, business owners, customers and management for
implementation of information technology solutions.
2. Identifies, documents and analyzes business requirements.
3. Creates software application business process flows and flowcharts.
4. Analyzes, reviews, and recommends possible solutions to identified business problems thru the implementation of
5. Performs validation of solutions by analyzing the end product and the requirements specifications.
6. Assists in developing project task plans, leading meetings and other related tasks to gather and coordinate
activities for requirements gathering.
7. Has an understanding of advanced business modeling tools and techniques, technology solutions, vendor solution
evaluations, and writing business driven recommendations to meet defined business requirements.
MAJOR ROLE CHARACTERISTICS
Knowledge of: oral and written communication tools and techniques, customer support and personal service, state and agency policy, procedures and applicable laws*, vision, mission and goals of agency*, IT systems development lifecycle management concepts, technical writing and documentation practices, quality assurance principles, requirement analysis principle and methods, methods and approaches for sharing information through the use of IT assets, business process modeling methods and techniques, IT security principles and methods, technical tools available for consideration, IT principles, methods and practices in the assigned specialty area, performance monitoring principles and methods, interrelationships of multiple IT specialties, business process and operations of customer organizations.
Skilled in reading comprehension, speaking, writing, service orientation, assuring quality, identifying and specifying business requirements, operation analysis, time management, interviewing, presenting, facilitating, troubleshooting, critical thinking, complex problem solving, and developing and interpreting policy and strategies governing the planning and delivery of IT services.
Ability to: define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, prepare meaningful, accurate and
concise reports, stay abreast of current technologies in the area of IT assigned, and apply new developments to previously unsolvable problems.
- Experience documenting of functional business requirements from stakeholders:7YRS
- Experience documenting of technical requirements from all stakeholders:7YRS
- Experience creating graphical representations of complex business processes:7YRS
- Experience with Database technologies:7YRS
- Experience with geographic information systems,web mapping technologies:5YRS
- Experience developing diagrams or wireframes to illustrate requirements:5YRS
- Experience documenting /illustrating workflows preferably with MS Visio and Balsamiq Mockup:7YRS
- Experience with assisting on RFP efforts:4YRS
- Excellent communication and wrtiting skills
- In your response/inquiry to this position, please provide your years of experience for each skill, and the most recent year each skill was utilized.
- Absences greater than two weeks MUST be approved by Management in advance, and contact information must be provided so that a resource can be reached during his or her absence. The client has the right to dismiss the resource if she or he does not return to work by the agreed upon date.
- During the interview process with the staff, the resource consultant must demonstrate competence/experience in their specific area(s) of project assignment. Candidates experience must also be documented for review and verification.
- REMOTE WORK POSSIBILITY YES OR NO? No