ASKBLM5402_Project Management - Major
- Columbia, SC
No. of Openings: 2
Start Date: 03/17/14
End Date: 4 MONTHS | Possible extension
Worksite Address:300A Outlet Pointe Boulevard |
Agency Interview Type: In person |
Expenses Allowed: No
Work Hours:40 HRS
The client has, as a strategic vision for the agency, an IT infrastructure project called (Phoenix 2014) that will allow the agency to achieve its long term goals of implementing a new tax system, resolve system issues relating to End-of-Life production systems, IRS remediation issues, current security network issues, replacing systems that are at the end of their lease and network segmentation requirements. This project will allow the DOR infrastructure to provide timely information regarding compliance, tax collections and financial forecasting going forward.
- As the size and complexity of Project Phoenix 2014 to rebuild our current Network/Domain environment, and the aggressive deployment timelines require addition resources to monitor/coordinate and communicate in real time, the status of Phoenix and the 58 sub-projects associated with this endeavor. The intent of this work order is to supplement the client Support and Deployment functions focusing on new infrastructure and end-to-end technology role out (Project Phoenix). Some of these are AD 2012, Exchange 2012, SharePoint 2012, Cisco ISE, Vmware, Vmax, DR site build out, MS System Center, Cisco network switches, routers, firewalls and end user workstations and laptops.
- Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as project support coordinator reporting directly to the Network Infrastructure Manager of South Carolina DOR. One main focus of this position is to supplement the current Service Level Agreement in accordance with the needs of the Agency’s application projects, migrations and related system changes that are part of Project Phoenix. These applications involve Internet technologies in Microsoft .Net Framework and related web enabled components. Support contractor must demonstrate an ability to understand project objectives and timelines, assist in coordinating efforts of the development teams, CISO and infrastructure support/deployment teams. General duties include managing deployment timelines, issue resolution/escalation and communication to project managers, CIO, CISO and development teams that are involved in all system aspects of project Phoenix.
- Project Coordinator must be a team player that ensures accountability, documentation, deployment schedules and issue escalation occurs that will assist in project completion goals being meet for 2014.
- Effectively interact and communicate with peers to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to drive resolution of deployment issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within expected timelines. Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive deployment requirement.
- Ability to organize work streams and identify potential project issues that could impact deployment timelines.
- Windows 7 and general understanding of office environment.
- Microsoft office products.
- Escalate complex problems to other groups, Help Desk, or vendors for resolution or for support under maintenance agreements.
- Liaison for projects between stake holders.
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong communication skills
- Windows 7 user.
- Strong MS Office product user
- Experience in developing and maintaining documentation for policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills a must.
- Able to conduct research into infrastructure issues and products as required.
- Leading effective team meetings
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Windows Project
- MS Outlook
- MS Excel
- Current industry certifications
- Project Coordination
- Background in training/methology implementation
- Understanding of the system development life cycle
|Administrative||Organizational Skills||Yes||1||Expert||Currently Using||2 - 4 Years|
|Administrative||Verbal Communication Skills||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 6 Months||2 - 4 Years|
|Administrative||Written Communication Skills||Yes||1||Advanced||Within 6 Months||2 - 4 Years|
|Miscellaneous||Project Planning||Yes||1||Intermediate||Within 2 Years||2 - 4 Years|
|Miscellaneous||Project Methodology||No||1||Intermediate||Within 2 Years||2 - 4 Years|
|Operating Systems/APIs||Windows 7||Yes||1||
|Packaged Applications||MS Office||Yes||1||
|Specialties||Documentation||Yes||1||Intermediate||Within 2 Years||2 - 4 Years|
- In your response/inquiry to this position, please provide your years of experience for each skill, and the most recent year each skill was utilized.
- Absences greater than two weeks MUST be approved by Management in advance, and contact information must be provided so that a resource can be reached during his or her absence. The client has the right to dismiss the resource if she or he does not return to work by the agreed upon date.
- During the interview process with the staff, the resource consultant must demonstrate competence/experience in their specific area(s) of project assignment. Candidates experience must also be documented for review and verification.
- REMOTE WORK POSSIBILITY YES OR NO? No
- Open to visa transfer? □ Yes □ No No