Director of Enterprise Sales - Asia
- Tokyo, Japan
What we're doing at BRD
BRD is at the heart of a financial revolution. We're building the missing piece of infrastructure that ties together the essential functionality of a bank, but where individuals retain complete control over their assets. As a financial infrastructure company, our mission is unlikely to ever be complete. We need continually strive to bring the power of our apps to new regions of the world, some of which have never had wide access to banking functionality.
Our approach to this problem heavily focuses on several core tenets. For one, we will never have direct control or visibility over customer funds. It is not our job to interfere in the personal financial lives of our customers. This is accomplished by using digital assets like Bitcoin, and a mobile app like ours which manages its assets on-device.
The second tenet of our approach is to provide integration with the traditional financial system. Regardless of the currency, people still need to get paid, pay their bills, pay for goods at merchants, and send money to their family and friends. We are building infrastructure that integrates with local financial businesses that tie in with local currencies and adhere to local laws.
Finally, we need to fight for a quality consumer experience. This is why we try to retain control over every moment of our customer's interaction with our products. We relentlessly design, redesign, test, and experiment to ensure our customers have a positive, safe experience.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, organized and proactive business development and marketing executive to join our winning team. The individual takes ownership and responsibility, enjoys learning, and wants to grow professionally. We value someone who is skilled at assessing priorities and has exemplary accountability. BRD is growing and we are looking for a talented enterprise sales executive to help drive revenue.
- Both executive and tactical level account management for some of BRD’s largest enterprise clients
- Works closely with our CRO and VP of Product on growth strategy in Asia
- Manage key relationships with top partners and expand the brand within Asia
- Work with BRD product and engineering teams to identify growth opportunities, develop detailed scoping of professional services, implementations, deployments, and contracts with our partners.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our key goals for the revenue, marketing, and business development team
- Must be willing to respond to requests outside normal working hours (balancing Japan, Europe, and North American time zones efficiently)
- Passionate, accountable, and positive
- Must be able to work international hours when required, however, we believe in balance and flexibility for work life balance
- Japanese and English fluency required
- Have a good understanding and appreciation and pace of high growth startups
- Experience with crypto, digital assets, and financial technology
- Knowledge of compliance and regulations as they apply to security and privacy for software and custodial solutions
- Editing and writing skills to initiate, compose, format, proofread and carefully edit various professional business documents and correspondences to clients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize and over-communicate with both internal coworkers and external clients on deadlines, deliverables, and contracts
- Proven track record of growing large client relationships
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities coupled with knowledge of operating principles, running operating expense budgets, and revenue modeling
- Experience engaging with C-level of any partner organization
- Ability to travel international when needed
What it's like to work here
We've built a lively remote work culture that emphasizes regular personal interaction. At BRD, we started as a remote team and have built our workflows around it. We have a remote office in the Ginza neighborhood of Tokyo, but the coworker might also work from home or form client locations when needed.
Work-life balance is important and we strive to ensure everyone has enough time for family, exercise, and mental health. In our opinion, a happy and healthy team is an essential ingredient to finding creative solutions to the hard problems we're trying to solve.
We're more operationally transparent than you may be used to. The entire team has access to a variety of dashboards that help our distributed team make better decisions. If you have a question that can't be answered by a dashboard or an easy query, let's see if we can fix that.
BRD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an actively inclusive work environment that makes our team an excellent home for everyone—regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics. We cultivate a culture that is conducive to diversity, equity and inclusion!