Senior Product Designer
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
What we're doing at BRD (formerly known as BreadWallet)
BRD is at the heart of a financial revolution. We're building the missing piece of infrastructure that ties together the essential functionality of a bank, but where individuals retain complete control over their assets. As a a financial infrastructure company, our mission is unlikely to ever be complete. We need continually strive to bring the power of our apps to new regions of the world, some of which have never had wide access to banking functionality.
Our approach to this problem heavily focuses on several core tenants. For one, we will never have direct control or visibility over customer funds. It is not our job to interfere in the personal financial lives of our customers. This is accomplished by using digital assets like Bitcoin, and a mobile app like ours which manages its assets on-device.
The second tenant of our approach is to provide integration with the traditional financial system. Regardless of the currency, people still need to get paid, pay their bills, pay for goods at merchants, and send money to their family and friends. We are building infrastructure that integrates with local financial businesses that tie in with local currencies and adhere to local laws.
Finally, we need to fight for a quality consumer experience. This is why we try to retain control over every moment of our customer's interaction with our products. We relentlessly design, redesign, test, and experiment to ensure our customers have a positive, safe experience.
- You will be a partner to our Product Manager to help them complete features and flows and uncover edge cases that we need to solve for.
- You will help set the product vision.
- You will build on our industry leading mobile UX and seek to improve the user experience for all users.
- You will help conduct user research and test your ideas to help remove risk in delivering new features.
- You will be the voice of the end user and champion simple, elegant UX.
- You will present designs to key stakeholders and product organization.
- You will deliver detailed, pixel perfect assets and specs to our front-end developers.
- You have 3-5 years experience designing for native mobile applications.
- You have excellent verbal communication skills in expressing design and product decisions to your team members.
- You have a strong aptitude for giving and taking direction.
- You approach problem solving with a positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate with your teammates.
- You posses expert knowledge in user experience principles, graphic design and mobile design.
- You maintain a passion for user testing and research within the design process
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating high-caliber design process, decision making, visual and interaction design skills.
- You have a mastery of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Webflow, or whatever tools you prefer to get the job done.
- A background in cryptocurrencies is not required but it's a big plus.
What it's like to work here
We've built a lively remote work culture that emphasizes regular personal interaction. At Bread, we started as a remote team and have built our workflows around it. This allows us to hire people who want to work with us, regardless of where they've decided to settle (or roam).
Work-life balance is important to everyone at Bread, and we strive to ensure everyone has enough time for family, exercise, and mental health. In our opinion, a happy and healthy team is an essential ingredient to finding creative solutions to the hard problems we're trying to solve.
We're more operationally transparent than you may be used to. The entire Bread team has access to a variety of dashboards that help our distributed team make better decisions. If you have a question that can't be answered by a dashboard or an easy query, let's see if we can fix that.
Bread is committed to building an actively inclusive work environment that makes our team an excellent home for everyone—regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
- Links to portfolio or past design projects
Email us your resume and a personal note and we will get back to you as soon as possible.