Sr. SEO Analyst - Manila, PH
- Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Internet Retailer: Top 500 Retail Websites (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for a Sr. SEO Analyst who will be responsible with assisting in the planning and implementation of the overall SEO strategy for a small portfolio of sites and provide support for all SEO initiatives. He/She must be a hard-working and trustworthy individual with project management skills, keen attention to detail, strong analytical skills, excellent time management skills, and proactive communication practices.
What you'll be doing:
- Assume partial ownership of discrete work streams within the SEO function.
- Lead various SEO projects and campaigns to improve both on-site and off-site SEO.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of ongoing campaigns and initiatives (integration of Social Media and Content related activities)
- Help develop team members’ skills and expertise as it relates to the function.
- Constantly review and make improvements to current processes.
- Take the lead in managing functionally specific tools and technologies (configuration, reporting, and maintenance).
- Serve as a lead in the analysis and reporting of site performance (traffic and page performance)
- Regularly communicate project and team progress to Philippines-based SEO Manager and US-based SEO Lead.
- Provide leadership to the maintenance of technical SEO content (meta data and other code related optimization)
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years SEO experience.
- Advanced knowledge of search engine optimization and/or online marketing.
- Skilled with keyword research, on-page and off-page SEO best practices.
- Highly experienced with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, in particular strong Excel skills.
- Strong computer literacy and ability to learn different software platforms.
- Must have very high quality American English writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize daily work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to accept feedback and willing to receive training.
- A fun, hard-working, team-oriented, can-do attitude!
- Needs to have fast, reliable internet connection.
Nice To Have:
- Basic understanding/familiarity of HTML
- Managed a team of SEO Analysts
- Have read “The Art of SEO”
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Sr. SEO Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.