Jr. e-Commerce Associate - Manila, PH
- Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Internet Retailer: Top 500 Retail Websites (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for a Jr. e-Commerce Associate who will be responsible for supporting management in the day to day operations required to run our webstores. He/She will be exposed to a wide range of e-Commerce functions, tools and processes such as new product introduction, content authoring, inventory reconciliation, web content quality control, data management and analysis.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting management in smoothly running the Balsam International Limited’s webstores.
- Supporting management in the New Products Introductions (NPI) process – help the team launch new products on time across the various websites.
- Maintaining product data of our Product Information Management (PIM) systems.
- Assisting web designers and brand supervisors on assigning product images and lifestyle shots - help them launch across the website in accordance with the NPI process – through Balsam Brands’ Digital Asset Management (DAM) system.
- Assisting the management team with pricing updates, search optimization, editing category descriptions, and content upload to our webstores.
- Assisting with the creation of Google Analytics weekly site reviews.
- Providing input on site optimization, processes and systems.
- Adhoc product performance or other data report or analysis.
- Other responsibilities as needed by the business.
What you bring to the table:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in any field, quantitative backgrounds (Math, Statistics and/or Engineering) are highly preferred. Fresh graduates with quantitative background are welcome to apply. Strong academic performance is required.
- Has experienced working for an e-Commerce company and/or a background in Cloud Computing and exposure to e-Commerce tools such as PIM, DAM or B2C e-Commerce Platforms are strong pluses.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel - must be comfortable building formulas, pivot tables and other simple tasks. An assessment will be part of the hiring process.
- Strong attention to detail and proven multi-tasking ability.
- Great organization skills to achieve excellent operations is a must.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Coachable, curious inquisitive, has positive attitude and a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comfort working through a task via electronic means: online project management tools, emails, Skype, and chat.
- Needs to have fast, reliable internet connection.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Jr. e-Commerce Associate is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.