- Dublin, Ireland
Balsam Brands is looking for a talented Operations Person to join our dynamic Ops team! As an Operations Strategist for Balsam Brands, you will help manage day-to-day operations flows across our international business, as well as assist in various projects in our European warehouses. You will analyze supply chain and other metrics, and will frequently collaborate across locations with supply chain, customer service, and our other cross-functional partners. You will become an expert in at least one of our operations processes, and eventually become the point person for your expertise.
You understand the fundamentals of ocean freight and the courier delivery/ direct-to-consumer business model. You are a self-starter and an expert communicator, ready to work both independently and collaboratively across offices. You thrive at the strategic and management level, but are also ready to get your hands dirty on our various European warehouse projects. You are also savvy with technology, and are masterful in prioritising your time.
The Operations Strategist will report both to our Vice President of Operations and our General Manager. S/he will work closely with our entire Operations team.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the point-person in several operational processes. These could include supporting customer service needs, ensuring that inventory counts are consistent between internal systems and with warehouses, managing inventory inbound or outbound shipments.
- Analyse supply chain and financial metrics.
- Learn, and become an expert in all of our operational processes, and eventually become the point person for your expertise.
- Work cross-functionally with supply chain, customer service, and other internal partners.
- Use technology to facilitate the movement of orders and inventory.
- Strategise to improve our processes and solve our operational challenges.
What you bring to the table:
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated history of teamwork, including a willingness to jump in to help accomplish tasks
- Inquisitive, analytical, detail-oriented, and a problem solver
- Self-starter with a can-do, positive attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Excel; ability to learn software programmes.
- Relevant Third Level Qualification.
About Balsam Brands: Founded in 2006, privately-held Balsam Brands designs and sells home décor and consumer products directly to customers. Our flagship brand is Balsam Hill, the world’s leading retailer of artificial Christmas trees and related holiday décor products. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Balsam Brands is honored to be the recipient of multiple awards:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Internet Retailer: Top 500 Retail Websites (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please include your favorite food or restaurant!
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.