- Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Department: Piping & Layout Engineering
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies
The Piping Engineer assesses and checks for regulatory code compliance and quality of all piping engineering deliverables. The Piping Engineer carries out piping engineering tasks independently and in accordance with project standards.
- Assist in ensuring that all work designed or supplied by the piping engineering discipline complies with the relevant sections of mandatory health and safety standards, including any pressure piping regulation or code referred to within the required jurisdiction for the project with due consideration of relevant client engineering standards
- Prepare design calculations and documentation
- Requisition piping components, provide technical evaluation and review of supplier data
- Ensure design drawing content is accurate and correctly portrays design intent
- Prepare reports and deliverables as required (under supervision) including progress report studies and material takeoffs
- Prepare piping specifications including piping details and field changes
- Promote piping systems to achieve best project outcomes
- Attend piping discipline engineering meetings
- Coordinate between the piping team and other disciplines as the design evolves
- Ensure that quality of engineering work is carried out in accordance with project procedures and maintain technical documentation
- Prepare and maintain engineering standards
- Participate in HAZOP reviews
- Participate in resolution of piping issues during project lifecycle, including planning phase, design, procurement, fabrication, construction, and commissioning
- Promote and maintain the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of piping engineering work
- Adhere to and promote the safety culture.
- Piping Engineering Experience in Potash/Raw Ore Processing
- BSc/B.Eng in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Professional engineer status
- Minimum five years piping engineering experience
- Good technical knowledge of piping engineering including specifications, ASME B31.3, calculations, P&ID development, line sizing, material selection, isolation requirements and valve selection
- Slurry system design experience (material selection, hydraulic analysis, gravity line design, flushing and draining philosophy etc.)
- Experience working with FRP and HDPE pipe
- Experience working with Smart Plant tools, specifically SPR and SPF.
Please note there is a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. Prospective employees will not be asked to disclose their vaccination status and only successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of vaccination and/or to seek accommodation pursuant to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.