Mechanical Engineer, NPI
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Department: Project Engineering
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex projects, while consistently maintaining job safety, time management, and the highest degree of quality. Bantrel provides EPC/EPCM services to the Energy, Mining and Infrastructure markets, Canada-wide.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our major shareholder, Bechtel Corporation, one of the most respected EPC companies in the world, and with the McCaig Family, Calgary-based with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The Project is to produce agricultural grade potash by processing ore hoisted from an underground mine located 140 km east of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. The scope of the Stage 1 Project includes underground mine development, processing plant, tailings (salt) management and non-process infrastructure. The mine capacity is ultimately to be increased beyond Stage 1, via at least two future expansion stages. The project is in execution.
In this 6-12 months term role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
- Strong personal commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Ability to work and communicate positively within a team.
- Ability to coordinate with engineers and designers both within the discipline and other engineering disciplines and with contractors.
- Provide mentorship and supervision to junior and intermediate level mining engineers.
- Review technical documentation from vendors for compliance with technical specifications and integration with the project.
- Prepare technical specifications and scopes of work for trade contracts.
- Ability to prepare required deliverables within budget and on schedule.
- Review of completed site work to ensure compliance with the contracts and equipment requirements, and sign off as the responsible engineer for any deviations.
- Provide regular feedback to the Lead Engineer on status of assigned tasks.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Membership of the Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) or another Canadian professional engineering licensing body (with ability to obtain APEGS certification).
- Minimum of 10 years experience related to project execution.
- Familiarity, and a willingness to learn, with datacentric computer systems such as Hexagon SmartPlant Foundations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Site experience as engineering or quality support for EPCM projects is considered an asset.
Please note there is a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. Prospective employees will not be asked to disclose their vaccination status and only successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of vaccination and/or to seek accommodation pursuant to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.